Scam

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I report them almost daily there was albino blueys as well and ridge "tale" monitors
I seen them ones too. They are quite easy to pick however thats beside the point. If the person put as much effort into finding a real job rather than trying to rip people off. Low life

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

They're certainly very persistent. I hope they haven't scammed too many people.

I saw that one this morning too.
Crazy thing is they keep using the same name but changing location.

There were ads up from the same person....one in NSW and the other in QLD.
Not even a good scammer!

I report all the scams to the wildlife authorities in my state. Also scamwatch.

Watch out for ruby78 on rdu
Is selling some bhp's and gtp's
Has also been a member since 2014. Just contacted me from an add i put up looking for bells.
Sent me a few pics and after a quick web search. One pic was a Chinese site. Hence y i couldn't understand it. And another wild pic taken from NSW. Has a phone number in the adds too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Always scams goin on RDU. I was contacted 2 weeks back bout an ad i had on bout green tree snakes from 2 years ago. Stunning snake and was cheap. Only contacted me thru email so when i asked for a phone number, bloke vanished! Ive also had a couple people asking to send stuff overseas! Gotta give em points for tryin! Haha

Makes it hard for those honest sellers. There's something I'm very interested in buying on there but it would have to be freighted from another state. I'm hesitant because I don't know who is and isn't trustworthy :/

Makes it hard for those honest sellers. There's something I'm very interested in buying on there but it would have to be freighted from another state. I'm hesitant because I don't know who is and isn't trustworthy :/
The best thing you can do is contact the person over phone. That way you can make sure that he is licensed and is who he says he is. Most scammers don't answer the phone.

It's not difficult to check up on most sellers with a little bit of effort.
Ask them for their fb details so you can talk on messenger. That way you can see their friends/posts etc. Find mutual friends/people you have heard of and do a little due diligence. I don't often use the phone, other than sms when I'm dealing with sales but I find fb makes it easy to pick a scammer.

I'm not on Facebook (for security reasons) and I advertise on RDU but that does not make me a scammer.
You can generally pick their adds easily, I've reported lots.
I only buy from people I know of or can get reference for to confirm the quality/pedigree of their animals.
A phone conversation is the only way you can ask the right questions and quickly pick when things don't add up.

I'm not on Facebook (for security reasons) and I advertise on RDU but that does not make me a scammer.
You can generally pick their adds easily, I've reported lots.
I only buy from people I know of or can get reference for to confirm the quality/pedigree of their animals.
A phone conversation is the only way you can ask the right questions and quickly pick when things don't add up.

I didn't say you were. I sell on RDU too. Just because I find it difficult to answer private calls on the phone doesn't make me a scammer either. Many buyers think its all down to the seller to be available at all hours of the day and night to answer their questions even when they have no real intention of buying. I do give a phone number but often restrict contact in that form to sms as its easier to respond at a suitable time.

Personally, I have had no troubles with scammers on RDU. I've bought lots of geckos on there and met great people. But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there is no scammers. It just takes common sense to know when things do not add up.

I'm a dinosaur from a time when people actually spoke to each other personally or on the phone.
I find it frustrating exchanging endless chains of sms messages, often 20, 30, 50 or more about an add I have placed when the issue could be discussed in a 5 minute phone call, but many such exchanges lead to sales so you have to do it.
I too have never been scammed and can usually spot one from their adds, I have found a couple using my photos, but I am mostly selling, rarely buying from someone I don't know.
I have noticed that obvious scams, exotics etc on RDU have been left there for a while, I have not made a big deal out of it as they may be cooperating with authorities to trap some of the scammers. Maybe it just reflects a lack of supervision at the moment although they are prompt to process payments for featured adds.

Lol someone's trying to sell nick Muttons animals... didn't even change the txt

9a2b195d845deb186cf62c24e9f91437.png

8c66943ead1f5e9ad98f4c746aa50371.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back