LOST BOBTAIL OUTSIDE PLEASE HELP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobtail

Reaction score
I just can't beleive it
icon_cry.gif
i just recently moved my shingleback skink to his outdoor enclosure, saw him on the second day but for the third and forth day he was out there i didnt see him, thought he was going into brumation since its winter here, so i figured he buried himself in his hay or woodchips, but i wanted him to skip his first brumation, so when i went to move the flood light and find him, i couldnt, ive thoroughly looked through all his substrate and nope not there, looked through the whole thing and im 100% sure he aint there
icon_cry.gif
i just dont understand how he got out, i thought it was escape proof, i honestly just dont know where to go from here
icon_sad.gif
PLEASE HELP, just my luck, i finally join to show off my bobbie and i lose him :(

Perhaps a picture of the enclosure would help the members who own a bobtail investigate into possible escape routes

Hope you find him :( maybe look anywhere sunny, or look under things around the enclosure

thanks for the reply, still havent found him, i am absolutely gut wrenched, only had him for about 2 weeks have been waiting for almost a year to have one :( ill try add some photos if someone lets me know how to do it, me and my dad just think its so weird, we thought it was escape proof, has come to the point where im thinking someone has stole him, its just sooooooo weird i cant explain in, its every reptile keepers nightmare, he just vanished out of mid air;(

it says file too big, do i have to resize it somehow or something (to add a photo)
Go to an image upload site (I use tinypic) and copy the link that is like {img}link{/img}

This time of the year he's going to find a warm snug place to hide so maybe with a bit of detective work you can find him.
Think like a lizard, starting at the cage where would you go to find a safe hiding spot. How old is he? Young ones can climb loose fabric mesh and they will follow it along the timber till they find a small gap , they can flatten their bodies to fit through the narrowest crack.

not really but we do have a bit of a dodgy neighour who has stole phones etc but i dont think he was aware i had it and doubt he would put that much effort into stealing a lizard that you frequently see strolling around the bush anyway, its a possibility. we went door knocking telling everyone to keep a look out, the south west reptile rescue people posted something on facebook about it, hope they find him. im losing hope, he could be anywhere, he might've burrowed himself deep into the ground because of the bad weather

Hey, did you ever find your lost bobtail? What suburb are you from so we know where to look out for it. There is a shingleback (bobtail) living wild in my area which has to be an escaped pet. There's no way they'd be native to my area (I won't say where I am yet because I don't want just anyone to claim they live nearby and that it's theirs). I've looked for lost shingleback posts on the internet but so far there's nothing anywhere near me. It's possible that whoever lost it didn't have a license so they aren't too keen to let the world know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back