I Have A Question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murph_BTK

Reaction score
My snake was submerged in his water bowl not uncommon but this time he had taken a dump in the bowl.. now he has small black dots on his skin, hes due for a shed soon.. i was wondering if i should soak him in some water? Luke warm and see if this helps with clearing up the smell and dots [emoji58].. i feel terrible right now...

add me on instagram murph_BTK

Will he not remove them with the shed?
Heres hoping stompie... just disappointed with myself not noticing it earlier.. i try and keep up on water replacement and cage cleaning...

add me on instagram murph_BTK

Don't stress Murph. Hopefully it comes off with shed, if not, a warm bath is perfectly fine. Without suds of course. :p

Hey guys as the title says I have a question.. So the other day I saw a RBB tag a lil finch near a creek and the bird hopped around a bit and succumb to the venom ..the RBB took off never bothered to eat it.. I took the bird home as my kids were not happy.. would it be ok if I fed it to my monitors?? It's been frozen for a fee days and I would assume that in the wildlife plebty of wildlife get eaten by animals that have been affected by venomous snakes etc.. Just food for thought.. hate to see the lil guy die for no cause.. might as well be a snack for someone else. Life goes on [emoji106]

Instagram: murph_BTK

I wouldn't risk it Murph. Considering the size of the bird, any venom in its tissues may not be fatal for a monitor but could possibly make it a bit ill.

I probably wouldn't risk it either but as far as I'm aware venom can be ingested without any issues. As long as it doesn't get into the blood

@Murph_BTK Haven't recent studies shown that most monitors and some Tiliqua Sp carry venom in their Saliva anyway? so if that be the case then the small amount of venom in the little bird should not have any effect on your Monitor. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling-

Last edited:
@Murph_BTK Haven't recent studies shown that most monitors and some Telique Sp carry venom in their Saliva anyway? so if that be the case then the small amount of venom in the little bird should not have any effect on your Monitor. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling-

Yes there have been studies done and venom of some type has been found. Even though an animal is venomous doesn't mean that a different type of venom won't affect them.
Look at Red Belly Blacks eating Brown snakes as an example.

Yeah my first thoughts was it to not risk it.. sorry bird bit of bad luck I will bury it in the backyard.. appreciate all the feedback peeps.. happy herping

Instagram: murph_BTK

Personally I don't think it would have had any effect on your monitor(s). Wild monitors big and small eat vens, including highly dangerous ones, on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back