Albino Darwin stages

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bl69aze

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey guys

Does anyone know where to look/have any pics of their darwins growing up into their adult colours from hatchies? Really love seeing the changes from orange to white&yellow but I don't see many pics of the in between stage :(

Would love to see how everyone's darwins started as a baby and grew up :)

This is how mine started(first) and is currently :) (second)

Really hard to catch the colours but there's a lil tiny bit of pink and fluro yellow

Last edited:
She's so tiny and cute
She had a bit of problems shedding hence the bath. She's been a delight .. just measuring around 50+cm atm her colors haven't changed much. I love seeing the transition photos :)

20171012_165053.jpg

think i figured out how to upload .. if so a female yearling

20170921_163058.jpg

interesting reduced pattern male same age . these pics not showing the fluros well at all .. ps let me know if these pics worked lol

Last edited by a moderator:
20171012_165053.jpg

think i figured out how to upload .. if so a female yearling

20170921_163058.jpg

interesting reduced pattern male same age . these pics not showing the fluros well at all .. ps let me know if these pics worked lol
Got any pics of when they were younge? They’re beautiful!

Got any pics of when they were younge? They’re beautiful!
Cheers . Way better in person ! Male ..

20170617_130940.jpg

When i got him at about 7-8 mths old. Female looked pretty much the same . The colour changes has been crazy in the guys

20170605_174649.jpg

female. I find it really hard to capture the bright orange and highlighter yellow colours of these albinos with my phone camera . Anyone else find this to be the case also ? Will try with my actual camera next shed .

Most of my snake photos are taken with an old IPhone 5S using Camera+, best to take on overcast day with flash fill in. Young albinos hate sun so impossible to pose them unless in shade. All shots of them in enclosures are indoors with flash, in tubs usually taken outdoors.
There are a few albinos in the Gallery in my album "Cool Babies" and 3 here showing fluro, it does not develop till they are at least 18 mths old.IMG_6189.jpgDSCN4623.jpg IMG_2025.jpg

Most of my snake photos are taken with an old IPhone 5S using Camera+, best to take on overcast day with flash fill in. Young albinos hate sun so impossible to pose them unless in shade. All shots of them in enclosures are indoors with flash, in tubs usually taken outdoors.
There are a few albinos in the Gallery in my album "Cool Babies" and 3 here showing fluro, it does not develop till they are at least 18 mths old.View attachment 321559View attachment 321560 View attachment 321561
some top fluoros right there !! The sire of both two i put up is quite similar.. Also the het i bought from you few weeks back is doing great just shed and is showing some surprisingly flouro colouring too actually

Last edited:
Yeah i plan on putting the het from you over the female i posted and possibly another female i have that shows fluro ... should be a good mix i think

I just got word from my babies breeder that the clutch was hatched on New Year’s Day just putting her under 10 months which is a bit older than I thought (though they were hatchlings when I got her but I guess just under 6months)does this age seem correct? I still need to measure her but she has adhd I tell you! Can’t stay still

Normal hatch time for Darwins is Oct-Dec but it is not unusual in captivity to go beyond that depending on when they were cooled. I have been experimenting the last 2 years with earlier cooling, bringing the season forward a month each year and I already have some 5 week old hatchlings. I know someone who has been doing this for years and has had Darwins hatch in August.

No, you are just shifting the season forward by providing the appropriate temperature and conditions, the animal does not know any different. You have to do it gradually over 2 - 3 seasons, a month each year. Mine used to all hatch from late Nov to January, This seasons will be Sept to early Nov.

Latest posts

Back