Looking for a Certain Type of Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashikaiyo

Reaction score
Hi all. I am new to the reptile world, and am looking for a specific snake.

My only request is that it is jet black (and preferably under 4metres, the smaller the better). I know the the US its super easy to find with ball pythons, however do jet black snakes exist in Australia? Perhaps carpet python?

Another question being are such snakes much more expensive than others?

Thanks for helping out a newbie. All answers are much appreciated!

None in Aus that are jet black...

There are a few hypermelanistic Carpet pythons but they are not for sale ever due to not be proven out yet

If you want a jet black animal maybe look at a hypermelanistic blue tongue :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Depends how much money you have (and time)
Black woma would be a nice addition if you could find out what happened to the one from Snake Ranch. (Didn't have a black head though). Otherwise your options are very limited

Thanks for the input everyone.

Yeah its quite difficult, the snakes I want are either a. venomous or b. cant be imported to Australia!

Thanks for the input everyone.

Yeah its quite difficult, the snakes I want are either a. venomous or b. cant be imported to Australia!
We have such a vast selection of beautiful reptiles in this country, I'm sure u mustn't be lookn hard enough [emoji102]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wanting a jet black snake when we have so much more avail in AUS would be like wanting a grey pigeon instead of an Eclectus Parrot...

Ohhhhi love RBB... and this one is awesome!!!
045f00542a6e12a345d44394ccb64b07.jpg

Instagram: murph_BTK

For the record it is not my snake. I currently only have a pair of high yellow bhp's. We plan to add a pair of tiger phase and possibly axlanthics in the next year or so.

For the record it is not my snake. I currently only have a pair of high yellow bhp's. We plan to add a pair of tiger phase and possibly axlanthics in the next year or so.
What sort of price do people charge for the tigers and axanthics in the US?

F4C1F620-5134-49BC-AA4E-160B1794DE09.jpeg 15989797-91D1-4B04-AF7B-B68030369903.jpeg 4B8EBE1C-9D08-41A8-A543-B1988B35801F.jpeg 19156342-AAD6-41CD-8058-4082C71910D6.jpeg

How about a black and gold Jungle? Some are getting some pretty nice dark stripes on them (and I think they’re an absolute stunner).
Alternatively a B&W Diamond (or lets be honest, any Diamond) would make a fantastic addition.

Jungles are going to be smaller of the pair, but tend to be more snappy.
I’m in love with Diamonds and couldn’t be happier with mine.

There’s also the Elcho Island Children’s Python (second image) which can look very black/dark. Although I’ve never actually seen one for sale, so good luck finding one...
Same story with the White Lipped Python (top). Stunning snake but again I’ve not seen any for sale

Not any natural ‘jet black’ pythons in Aus (White Lipped is a debatable as to whether or not they come from Aus or not + they come in a range of colours), so unless you’re feeling incredibly brave and want a RBB or similar, why not loosen up the criteria?

Aus has some of the most stunning pythons and lizards in the world- I’m pretty sure you’ll find any of them absolutely amazing

*images are not mine, found on google and full credit to owners of the images

That B&W diamond python pic looks edited from colour to monochrome - I've never seen a B&W diamond python that has no trace of any other pigments. And even the light play on the scales is colourless... Some pitch black snakes are:

1. Black Tiger Snake - not likely though
2. Spotted Black Snake - again, not likely
3. Water Python - some of them are pretty dark
4. Slatey Grey Snake - a colubrid, some get really dark to almost black.

Out of them all, I think slatey grey is the best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back