Show Us Your Skinks!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero Egernia

Reaction score
There's probably a few threads out there already but I thought it would be good to have a new thread to see what skinks people are keeping these days.

Here's one of mine. I really should stop acquiring more reptiles . . . But a skink wasn't the only new addition! :confused:

A King's Skink (Egernia kingii), one of my favourite lizards. I've had many fond memories of them.

Kingshadowaps.jpg
kingprinceaps.jpg

c66b961ce5aa376f49e89839d4f82fb7.jpg

This is meatlug. She is I big girl haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Lancelin King's Skink. She's such a sweetie, happy to eat from your hands and doesn't appear to mind being handled. Very inquisitive. Also a great poser!

femaleskink1aps.jpg

After this she decided to headbutt the camera and then climb up my arm.

goofyskinkaps.jpg
goofyskink2aps.jpg

I'm not sure if you can get much goofier than this. Hopefully I can get some decent photos of the male. He's much more shy and as is typical for King's Skinks, doesn't like to be handled.

The plant in the photo below is Hakea laurina. The adult pair like to nibble on the flowers sometimes. This little bloke hasn't quite figured out what to do with it, however.

skinkofficeaps.jpg
skinkinshadowaps.jpg

Can you see the demon, erm, skink?

skinkpairaps.jpg

The female is usually the one on top, but not today it would seem.

Last edited:
very nice kings oshkii would i be able to get them QLD especially the black one its my favorite

how big do they get

and could you put a photo of there tanks so i can see how nice they are. in the photos it looks very natural

Last edited by a moderator:
they get around the size of a bluetongue - 30-55cm, tho usually stay in the 40's, next time you could use google tho, very helpful if you want quick answers.

Is that Egg?

Nah it's wet mushed Vetafarm lizard pellets, he has that sometimes and dog food/snails.

can PTS eat egg? i'm guessing it would have to be raw yeah?

Last edited:
Nah it's vet mushed Vetafarm lizard pellets, he has that sometimes and dog food/snails.

can PTS eat egg? i'm guessing it would have to be raw yeah?
Ah!

Looks like scrambled egg!

I feed my Monitors egg but have never tried it with the Pinkies... and I give it both raw and cooked, depending on the animal.

Ah!

Looks like scrambled egg!

I feed my Monitors egg but have never tried it with the Pinkies... and I give it both raw and cooked, depending on the animal.

Now that you mention it, it does lol
thanks ! I'll offer him some and see if he likes it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back