What species is this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

turkeyface2350

Reaction score
Just returned from some camping in the South Australian Mid North, and caught this lizard.

Saw another one even smaller and one larger but with red/orange on the side of his head (no photo for that one sorry)

Cheers. IMG_20171012_140947.jpgIMG_20171012_140936.jpg

Sent from my Valencia2_Y100pro using Tapatalk

Looks to me that it's a species of Ctenophorus and going of the colour pattern, size of the tympanum (ear) and location I'm of the belief that it is a female Red-Barred Dragon (Ctenophorus vadnappa). Anyone else got any ideas?

I did think Red Barred Dragon, but thought it might be out of its range.
What part of the mid north did you find it?

I was assuming it was a bit further north so given the specific location I have to agree with Pinefamily.

Thank you everyone for your insight. Its so nice to go out and see the native reptiles (also saw some brown snakes and blue tongues) in my favourite camping spot and its even nicer knowing exactly what they are.

Sent from my Valencia2_Y100pro using Tapatalk

Yep, I go out into my back yard and find skinks (not sure of the species), blue tongues, and beardies. Still waiting to see a lacie down the road at the golf club this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back