Newbie ;)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarron

Reaction score
Hello, I am probably going to buy a 90L x 64W x 60H (cm) reptile tank, for my stimson python. It has light fitting and 2 vents, one right next to the light and one on the bottom. It is wood and pretty sure it has glass sliding doors. My questions are when i get this tank what do i clean it out with so it has disinfected everything, walls, doors etc. I also have a fake log and a stick how do i clean them too? and the other question is how do i get the perfect temps and when should i have the light on?

Also, should i be using a heat light or a heatmat?? I have both just in case, and ive heard that they might want to bury in the bedding, should i be using some sort of aspen bedding or something like that? right now im use newspaper

Hi & Welcome
I'm pretty new here myself.
F10 SC vetenary disinfectant is the go.

The other things can be controversial subjects.
My limited knowledge I choose to use ceramic heat bulbs.
And Aspin.

theres a thing called a search engine there is a thread called newbie help
I have searched as much as i could. Not every single detail is on google..

Hi & Welcome
I'm pretty new here myself.
F10 SC vetenary disinfectant is the go.

The other things can be controversial subjects.
My limited knowledge I choose to use ceramic heat bulbs.
And Aspin.
Okay thank you. Where can i get this f10? what shops sell it

Last edited by a moderator:
I have searched as much as i could. Not every single detail is on google..

Okay thank you. Where can i get this f10? what shops sell it
Best to buy it online from eBay or something.. 1 bottle will last you for agesss when it’s diluted I think 5ml per spray bottle and it’s like 5 sprays per tank

Best to buy it online from eBay or something.. 1 bottle will last you for agesss when it’s diluted I think 5ml per spray bottle and it’s like 5 sprays per tank
I do not have any spare money atm, when i buy this tank i will have nothing for a like 2 weeks. Could i see something that is household like bleach to clean it until i can buy f10?

I do not have any spare money atm, when i buy this tank i will have nothing for a like 2 weeks. Could i see something that is household like bleach to clean it until i can buy f10?
no never use bleach its toxic

Bleach or normal household disinfectant are fine. (Just don't use both together and allow the enclosure to dry before you put the animal in.
How did we ever survive before F10 was invented?

Bleach or normal household disinfectant are fine. (Just don't use both together and allow the enclosure to dry before you put the animal in.
How did we ever survive before F10 was invented?
I have normal woolworths essentials bleach lemon, how do i make it up to clean the whole cage glass, walls etc, to get rid of mostly everything untill i order f10

Just mix it to the dilution ratios suggested on the bottle. Pretty simple
It has 2 options. For washing machines, dilute 1 cup of bleach with 1 litre of water before adding laundry. For soaking, dilute 1 cup of bleach to 5 litres of water for 30 minutes. I'm guessing i do the 1 cup of bleach to 5 litres of water and scrub then rinse?

So mix 250ml (half a cup) of bleach with 2.5 litres of cold water then tip some into a spray bottle, do i have to wait 30 minutes before scrubing? Scrub the whole cage, glass doors eveything, ill probs let it sit for like 5 - 10 mins then rinse with tap water Do i let it drip dry or can i wipe it with power towel or a towel, after all this i can put my snake in?

Last edited:
? Are you taking the pi55 or should I drop around to your place and clean it out for you?
Just clean it and let it dry
Im just making sure i dont hurt my snake and make sure im cleaning it properly.

I'm done with this. If you cant manage to clean the enclosure without step by step directions I can't see how you can expect to cope with things like checking/maintaining temps, brumation, retained eye caps, etc etc.

It has 2 options. For washing machines, dilute 1 cup of bleach with 1 litre of water before adding laundry. For soaking, dilute 1 cup of bleach to 5 litres of water for 30 minutes. I'm guessing i do the 1 cup of bleach to 5 litres of water and scrub then rinse?

Option one seems like it would be the go.o_O
1 cup of bleach in a litre of water and into the washing machine with your enclosure. Just a normal cycle with a FAST spin. Either that or the dishwasher

Option one seems like it would be the go.o_O
1 cup of bleach in a litre of water and into the washing machine with your enclosure. Just a normal cycle with a FAST spin. Either that or the dishwasher
Funny :c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back