Newbie ;)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm done with this. If you cant manage to clean the enclosure without step by step directions I can't see how you can expect to cope with things like checking/maintaining temps, brumation, retained eye caps, etc etc.
Ok, thanks for all your help, Brumation is hibernating, and i was told to hibernate snakes if you want to breed them, i dont want to breed her so..

Last edited:
If you aren’t confident in using store brand cleaners, you are better off waiting for the ability to f10 as all you do is follow the ratios for what you want, spray a bit on each side of tank, wait 10mins (or less) for it to do its thing, wipe with paper towel, ur done.

Also quick tip: water first, solution second when mixing, otherwise you end up with 90% bubbles

Ok, thanks for all your help, Brumation is hibernating, and i was told to hibernate snakes if you want to breed them, i dont want to breed her so..

Brumation and hibernation are two completely different things.
While you will have to brumate to get your snakes into ‘breeding mode’, many will argue that brumating snakes regardless on whether or not you plan on breeding is beneficial to their help.

PP may have worded it a bit strongly, I have to agree. Are you serious? Use some common sense. While the forum can HELP you, we’re not here to hold your hand and think for you.
Snakes aren’t as easy in terms of husbandry as a cat or dog. Since there isn’t as much known about them many of us are pretty much figuring out obstacles as we reach them, so you better get used to thinking on your toes.

If you can’t afford to buy all the necessities, don’t buy the snake. If you can’t afford F10, how will you buy food for your snake? What if the light bulb fails? What if the snake gets mites and you need mite spray? What if the glass cracks? What if something breaks? What if you get a faulty thermostat? What if...
the list goes on. Personally I like to have a bit extra on the side for my animals- whether it be emergency vet bills (or in the case of the snakes more likely a bust light bulb or more food).

Have everything bought and ready BEFORE you get the snake as well as a little bit extra on the side

Brumation and hibernation are two completely different things.
While you will have to brumate to get your snakes into ‘breeding mode’, many will argue that brumating snakes regardless on whether or not you plan on breeding is beneficial to their help.

PP may have worded it a bit strongly, I have to agree. Are you serious? Use some common sense. While the forum can HELP you, we’re not here to hold your hand and think for you.
Snakes aren’t as easy in terms of husbandry as a cat or dog. Since there isn’t as much known about them many of us are pretty much figuring out obstacles as we reach them, so you better get used to thinking on your toes.

If you can’t afford to buy all the necessities, don’t buy the snake. If you can’t afford F10, how will you buy food for your snake? What if the light bulb fails? What if the snake gets mites and you need mite spray? What if the glass cracks? What if something breaks? What if you get a faulty thermostat? What if...
the list goes on. Personally I like to have a bit extra on the side for my animals- whether it be emergency vet bills (or in the case of the snakes more likely a bust light bulb or more food).

Have everything bought and ready BEFORE you get the snake as well as a little bit extra on the side
Sorry dude, I’m very careful with things I do. I make sure 100%..

The less chemicals in this world the better. If you have one snake in one cage then it is extremely unlikely that any strange bugs will be introduced into what is essentially a closed system. Why would you puff chemicals into that closed environment on a regular basis? If it aint broken , don't fix it as the repair may cause the problem. All these amazing new chemicals, for the most time, benefit the chemical companies not your snake. If you are using chemicals regularly, at least you can be confident that if you snake gets sick it will be from a chemical resistant strain!

Bleach is acceptable especially when rinsed down and allowed to dry, because it breaks down in water/air.

If you were cleaning something were you were particularly worried about disease, mould or bacterial, bleach wouldn't cut it as it doesn't kill all the concerning things, but for general cleaning is fine.

Do avoid scented cleaners if you can, things like pine o clean are not so great for animals

Thanks for all your help guys. Really appreciate it. When I order my thermostat and heat gun, I’m going to order f10 with it off eBay. Thank you for everything!

If you live close to me I can come over and check out your set-up and help you set it up

Lonnie Moens
Vice President
Fox Valley Herp Club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you live close to me I can come over and check out your set-up and help you set it up

Lonnie Moens
Vice President
Fox Valley Herp Club

No thank you.

Lonnie Moens
Vice President
Fox Valley Herp Club

Lol, this is an Australian page. Long trip from Wisconsin

Its been way off mark from the 2nd post PF. I'm of the opinion its our old friend K.O.N thats responsible for many of these ridiculous threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back