native wild birds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedragon

Reaction score
hi all i wanted to make a thread of camera shots of native bird life sorry if there is already one and feel free to add yours.
DSC_0121.JPG DSC_0121.JPG

DSC_0075.JPG
these 2 i hand feed every morning along with the kings

king parrots are my favorite parrot a nice breeding pair in my gumtree
DSC_0100.JPG DSC_0103.JPG DSC_0114.JPG P1000647.JPG

DSC_0100.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
If we are including rehab, this is Cheeky, a young yellowtail that I rescued. He was on the ground being attached by dogs while his frantic parents watched and had a broken wing, Wires just wanted to put him down so I took him to my bird vet who did a low cost operation to pin his wing. I fed him mostly native foods until he recovered and released him back with his family. These are old film photos I scanned, he was in a small cage to immobilise him till the wing repaired, hardest part was giving him regular antibiotics without loosing a finger.
IMG_20171029_0001.jpg

Just scanned these old photos taken when the wild birds used to visit our king parrot. He used to call the local kings and I counted as many as 16 in a tree outside. One of those was taken when he was young and had not coloured up, when he was older the wild girls used to come and cling to the screen door.
IMG_20171029_0002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was once wild... until my last trip across the Nullarbor... this majestic raptor came off a roadkill roo carcass and met my windscreen at 100km/hr and came clean through it and shredded me to pieces.

My now taxidermed Wedge-tailed eagle, Australia's largest bird of prey stands guard in my critter room and watches over my collection.
4299-1473744678-608a5da93fd307a8903bd8beddadde81.jpg 4301-1473754122-d254c4dbb751ba7aafc50d4700e23819.jpg 4302-1473754299-c54da874a1889d3506601a5a4295ec03.jpg
I need to drape a sheet over it when my budgie is out and about... it terrifies him. Lol

Just scanned these old photos taken when the wild birds used to visit our king parrot. He used to call the local kings and I counted as many as 16 in a tree outside. One of those was taken when he was young and had not coloured up, when he was older the wild girls used to come and cling to the screen door.
View attachment 321682
wow you had a king parrot as a pet are they good as in temperament and care i might be getting one its just a matter of finding one up here it pretty rare.

wow you had a king parrot as a pet are they good as in temperament and care I might be getting one its just a matter of finding one up here it pretty rare.

I had 2 hand raised pets, Rex and Chilli, heaps of photos of them but thats not what this threads about. Unfortunately they don't have the longevity of the large parrots and they are no longer with us. Rex was exceptional, hand raised from the egg and very bonded to me and loved being handled but I had friends who bought them at pet shops and they were not the same. You have to hand raise one from very young, breeders don't spend enough time doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back