enclosure questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With mesh you would have a really hard time holding any heat or humidity that's for certain. Far better off going with timber/mdf or the like over complete glass much better insulation

would this make a good enclosure for a children’s python or spotted python?

https://m.ebay.com.au/itm?itemId=292182724588

are bird cages with closet fitted mesh/wire good for snakes, or are glass enclosures the best?

things like this are really useless,glass enclosures are only slightly better but wooden are the best options because you can control the temps better ! If you have any carpentry skills you can build your own or modify old furniture like TV cabinets etc. Not only do you have something totally different and you have something nobody else has AND YOU BUILT IT YOURSELF !

things like this are really useless,glass enclosures are only slightly better but wooden are the best options because you can control the temps better ! If you have any carpentry skills you can build your own or modify old furniture like TV cabinets etc. Not only do you have something totally different and you have something nobody else has AND YOU BUILT IT YOURSELF !

i figured that would probably be the case, thanks for the response!

With mesh you would have a really hard time holding any heat or humidity that's for certain. Far better off going with timber/mdf or the like over complete glass much better insulation

yes i wasn’t sure if what kind of mesh it was would affect the ability to hold humidity or mesh. thank you for the response

@Lazreilly @dragonlover1

would this be suitable?

https://m.ebay.com.au/itm?itemId=292049963605

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant go wrong with 16mm melamine cheap as chips , hardwaring and easy to clean also holds the heat well

Cant go wrong with 16mm melamine cheap as chips , hardwaring and easy to clean also holds the heat well

do you mean to use to build an enclosure yourself or is there somewhere to get ones built from melamine from?

I meant if u were to build yourself . Most reptile shops etc build there ones to sell the exact same way though. I have built quite a few for my self and they work out about a quarter the price and its really not that hard .. providing of course u are handy on the tools haha

They really aint difficult to build. I'm not no handy man but have built dozens of th things in my time. If I cant be bothered or can't find the time I scour through gumtree or facebook normally or even ebay on occasion for cheap 2nd hand ones.

That enclosure you posted at the top of the page might have a use for getting small animals some outdoor time....Only thing I can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back