What gecko is this

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilfred

Reaction score
So I have been seeing a lot of these fellas around my house and I have been trying to id them with books and the internet but I’m shocking at figuring it out in the pic I put it in a spare tank for a photo it has been let go I’m in cootamundra what do you guys think they are?

5d244743881e88ea7fa2be9b027019cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea, but beautiful little gecko. I'm jealous you have geckos around your house!

I get them shingle backs blueys beardeies browns bandy Bandys Brown snakes lace monitors and these geckos so far I have seen then a hour down the road they get heath monitors

So I have been seeing a lot of these fellas around my house and I have been trying to id them with books and the internet but I’m shocking at figuring it out in the pic I put it in a spare tank for a photo it has been let go I’m in cootamundra what do you guys think they are?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was looking for a particular thread and noticed I had not read this one. The lizard is a Southern spiny-tailed gecko Strophurus intermedius. It has a regrown tail with only a little of the base remaining of the original. You see some drops of the black sticky exudate the original section of tail. The dorsal patterning is very distinctive enough to provide a positive. Am not familiar with this species so cannot really tell you anything about them. Perhaps someone else can?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back