Glass or melamine enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, that is my point, we minimise the risks in captivity hence why I suggested a substrate of shredded newspaper would not be ideal and that paper towel would be better. Saying it's ok because snakes in the wild swallow foreign matter while eating is silly, perhaps we should put some ticks in our enclosures too to make it more like the wild?? Anyway all I was saying is that paper towel would be safer... that is all.

Wasn't arguing your point mate merely stating how i keep mine and pointing out why we feed frozen rats. as for substrate there is nothing wrong with either newspaper or paper towel to each there own but i dont think ingesting a bit of newspaper will impact much.

Wasn't arguing your point mate merely stating how i keep mine and pointing out why we feed frozen rats. as for substrate there is nothing wrong with either newspaper or paper towel to each there own but i dont think ingesting a bit of newspaper will impact much.
No dramas, perhaps I'm just over cautious given my background with turtles where ingesting foreign matter with food like aquarium gravel is a big deal and causes turtles to wind up with digestive tracts totally clogged... as shown in this X-ray.
2-562252_449389431803612_1724063754_n-1.jpg

We always advise that turtles be kept on river sand and not gravel to avoid this.
15420813_1838168019763193_2297514830747477164_n.jpg

All good, I get that newspaper won't kill a snake but I'd just personally prefer to avoid it going down the hatch altogether. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back