Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm simply giving my experience with that pet store and it hasn't been good. Have you ever been in the store to check their setups or are you just going by what they've told you or their reputation?

Because before I moved back to Melbourne I was uber excited to visit the store and now I have, I can't say I'm impressed.
So you are saying outright that the store solely caused your animals to have MBD... in the month they were held there? Correct? I see... good luck with it all.. seriously. I won't comment on this again... I need to cancel my upcoming 3 week holiday because my turtles will develop MBD.

Regardless of when the MBD developed the store still sold an animal (or two in this case) with MBD. The onus shouldn't be on the buyer when you are purchasing from a 'respectable' business.
You don't have to buy anything from.a store you're not satisfied with... I don't buy bananas from Coles than come home and get online and flame the store a week later for all the bruises on them.

Last edited:
So you are saying outright that the store solely caused your animals to have MBD... in the month they were held there? Correct? I see... good luck with it all.. seriously. I won't comment on this again... I need to cancel my upcoming 3 week holiday because my turtles will develop MBD.
I'm saying that both animals showed no signs of the disease when we paid for them but a month later, upon pick up, they did. When we pointed it out to the guy, he blew us off completely and when we followed up after confirming the diagnoses, they did absolutely nothing to compensate us either.

And yes, we still went through with the purchases because (call us bleeding hearts) we did not want to leave sick animals within their care...

Take from that what you like... but it is clear, considering you completely ignored my other questions, that you have never stepped foot in the store to see for yourself.

And for the record, this is the first time I've shamed the store for anything... instead we just stopped buying anything living from there.

Well it's very unfortunate that You've had a bad experience, fortunately many more can and will say the total opposite about their own experiences with said store. I think we should just agree to disagree and let the OP decide for himself hey instead of hysterically waving your MBD and mites banner in the air.

Ps I need not ever step foot in a store to realise MBD doesn't just happen. That's just common sense. Let's not hijack this thread any further.

the only time I've had something go wrong was through breeders ( the two times I've bout from them) at expo's but never had an issue from Amazing amazon. But that is not to say i wouldn't buy from a breeder again.

I don't think anyone has been making hysterical claims.
MBD doesn't happen overnight, but the symptoms can come out very quickly. Bottom line is if the said store is as good as they are said to be, they would have noticed the MBD symptoms, or at least acknowledged them when Stompsy brought it to their attention.

And what proof of that do we have?? Zip, nada, hearsay. I think I'd take my chances to be honest and I think the OP will have nothing but good things to say.. call me an optimist, been around this gig a while... and it's taught me to believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see.

Last edited:
And what proof of that do we have?? Zip. Hearsay. I think I'd take my chances to be honest and I think the OP will have nothing but good things to say.. call me an optimist.
The same goes for you.
What proof do you have?
Stompsy is a respected member here and I highly doubt she would go out of her way to bag the store if what she said isn't true. Making ridiculous claims that she was being hysterical just makes you look silly. Also it is only hearsay when it is third hand information.

The same goes for you.
What proof do you have?
Stompsy is a respected member here and I highly doubt she would go out of her way to bag the store if what she said isn't true. Making ridiculous claims that she was being hysterical just makes you look silly.
You commenting now with this ridiculous reply makes you look silly...

ALL business's will have times where there is poor service for whatever reason regardless of the business. AP you have never set foot in the store and all your claims are hearsay as well. stompsy has been a respected member on here for years if she says that's what happened I believe that's what happened.

Mate think you need to pull your head in on this one. You've latched onto the mbd thing ignoring the housing of opposite species of mites etc all at a store you've never been to?

Last edited by a moderator:
ALL business's will have times where there is poor service for whatever reason regardless of the business. AP you have never set foot in the store and all your claims are hearsay as well. stompsy has been a respected member on here for years if she says that's what happened I believe that's what happened.
Respected member here is meaningless to me... I'm respected in my field and have been dealing with AA a long time.. so... yeah... anyway...

i've never been so i don't really know wether it's a good store or not, but the fact that you call anyone who has a different opinion with you rediculous and just because AA sponsors AFWT(correct me if wrong with the name) is a bit close minded.

You commenting now with this ridiculous reply makes you look silly...
I for one don't appreciate your arrogance. In the space of about four threads you have managed to alienate yourself from quite a few members on this site. Maybe just sit back for a while and take in what the respected members here have to say. Just as we would if we joined AFT.

i've never been so i don't really know wether it's a good store or not, but the fact that you call anyone who has a different opinion with you rediculous and just because they sponsor AFWT(correct me if wrong with the name) is a bit close minded.
Hi Mate, I recommended them purely out of their proximity to the OP. I don't receive any kickbacks from AA.
Cheers mate.

I for one don't appreciate your arrogance. In the space of about four threads you have managed to alienate yourself from quite a few members on this site. Maybe just sit back for a while and take in what the respected members here have to say. Just as we would if we joined AFT.
The written word is quite easy to misinterpret. You read and form your own tones.. I don't believe I've used caps or exclamation marks anywhere. Relax.

Mate think you need to pull your head in on this one. You've latched onto the mbd thing ignoring the housing of opposite species of mites etc all at a store you've never been to?
I think you've latched onto a negative experience and are refusing to acknowledge all the positive ones mate... hmm.

Last edited by a moderator:
How to win friends and influence people 101. I guess you missed that class growing up.

Hi Mate, I recommended them purely out of their proximity to the OP. I don't receive any kickbacks from AA.
Cheers mate.
and that is all well, but the way you've been arguing with people who may have just been unlucky or have different opinions on the store because of what it seems is because they sponsor AFT and some of their items are cheap(nothing to do with the animals, either,and you having never been and yet calling the mistreatment of some unfortunate animals rediculous is plain dumb.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back