Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How to win friends and influence people 101. I guess you missed that class growing up.
Now you're scraping the barrel...

and that is all well, but the way you've been arguing with people who may have just been unlucky or have different opinions on the store because of what it seems is because they sponsor AFT and some of their items are cheap(nothing to do with the animals, either,and you having never been and yet calling the mistreatment of some unfortunate animals rediculous is plain dumb.)
Ok Mate, clearly I'm dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol your a funny bloke. who's not acknowledging positive experiences? you've just spent the last 10 posts or so calling a member in here a liar and trying to deny there negative experience because YOU have had good ones. And you wonder why people are calling you arrogant?

No worries champion. I'd rather bash my head against a brick wall than have a debate with you anymore.
The mark of a great person is how they deal with confrontation and their ability to see an arguement from the other persons perspective and respond appropriately. This is something you clearly don't possess in my opinion.

Respected member here is meaningless to me... I'm respected in my field and have been dealing with AA a long time.. so... yeah... anyway...
Well if respected members here are meaningless all I can say is on your bike champion. We don't need people like you cluttering the site with your arrogant attitude.
That is my last word on this issue.

And what proof of that do we have?? Zip. Hearsay. I think I'd take my chances to be honest and I think the OP will have nothing but good things to say.. call me an optimist, been around this gig a while... and it's taught me to believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see.
No proof, yet you are determined it didn't happen. Calling Stompsy a liar means you are also calling me one, and I know for a fact it did occur as I had contact with Stompsy and Smittiferous about the treatment of it. So perhaps you do indeed need to take a deep breath, and realise that perhaps this store you hold on a pedestal does have its flaws.
I am not disputing all of the good posts about it, but I can't believe you won't accept someone has had a bad experience with them.

lol your a funny bloke. who's not acknowledging positive experiences? you've just spent the last 10 posts or so calling a member in here a liar and trying to deny there negative experience because YOU have had good ones. And you wonder why people are calling you arrogant?
Pinefamily, you lot seem to have this little saying here... "photos or it didn't happen." Well, lay them on me.. or did I miss something?? Perhaps this doesn't apply to certain people?
Ok if it will appease you, Prof M and @Scutellatus ...
@Ben_StKilda please disregard my original recommendation entirely, these good folk here obviously know better and I don't have a clue what I'm talking about. However I wish you all the success and positive experiences with your first python purchase whichever way you decide to go. It really is a satisfying and rewarding hobby as I have found thus far.

Last edited:
For the readers.

untitled.png

Ok, if it will apease you and @Scutellatus ...
@Ben_StKilda please disregard my original recommendation entirely, these good folk here obviously know better and I don't have a clue what I'm talking about. However I wish you all the success and positive experiences with your first python purchase whichever way you decide to go. It really is a satisfying and rewarding hobby as I have found thus far.
ok get off your high horse, no one asked for it, and stop being so narcissistic.

Well if respected members here are meaningless all I can say is on your bike champion. We don't need people like you cluttering the site with your arrogant attitude.
That is my last word on this issue.
Sorry but you have misunderstood how I meant that comment and have taken it the wrong way. It had to do with me being new here so I do not know this person or their level of experience however I know my own. It was not a personal attack. Nevermind.

ok get off your high horse, no one asked for it, and stop being so narcissistic.
Are you done?

Well it's very unfortunate that You've had a bad experience, fortunately many more can and will say the total opposite about their own experiences with said store. I think we should just agree to disagree and let the OP decide for himself hey instead of hysterically waving your MBD and mites banner in the air.
Hysterically? I was simply telling my story.

Ps I need not ever step foot in a store to realise MBD doesn't just happen. That's just common sense. Let's not hijack this thread any further.
Or you could stop responding when you say you're not going to instead of being a know all.

And with that, this post and my others will likely be deleted. But someone had to say it.

iregretnothing.PNG

I think it’s silly that one persons opinion can’t be taken seriously by someone who’s seemingly only had “positive” experiences and the person who had negative experience MUST be out to set up the business for failure.

All stores have their customers who will have a bad experience in stompys case, multiple bad experiences.

There’s good staff and bad staff.
from another pet shop I’ve been to(most people will know which I’m referring to) some stuff have no idea what they are talking about and want you to spend as much $$$ as possible on useless items. While some stuff will give you so much information and get you a perfect setup for 1/4 of the other staff.

Perhaps it’s possible they knew the monitors had mbd and they wanted to get rid of it.

Stompsy, couldn’t you notice the mites before you bought the python?

Don’t have anything to say about the beardy and blue tongue, that seems a bit silly to me.

Rant over
Tldr: everyone everywhere has different experiences to someone else

Hi Stompsy, I respect and believe your story believe it or not, I don't doubt you purchased reptiles from said store that checked out to have mites and MBD. I was simply saying I disagree with you entirely laying the blame of the MBD on the store. The Mites, ok fair enough but the MBD I can't agree with I'm sorry. It just seemed that you and the rest of the hate clan got your torches and pitchforks out and were claiming that if anyone dealt with said store, be prepared for MBD and the reptile world to end. All that was missing was a hypnotic chant of "AA MUST DIE!"

AGAIN, My apologies for my comments, your negative experience and anything I've forgotten to mention.

Okay, from posts above, we can deduce that at least one respected member of the APS community had bad experiences with Amazing Amazon. And another has not. If this is the case, then I think either most of the animals are not sourced from reputable breeders, and the AA staff are negligent of the conditions of animals in their care. And still, the opposite could hold true - maybe most of the animals are in good health, and @Stompsy simply had bad luck. But my point is, the staff didn't notice the MBD or the mites at first, and so as a fact we know at least some of the people working there are incompetent.. Regardless of how good the shop might be, they failed to notice what they were giving to their costumers was sub-standard, or they wanted to get rid of the animals. There's two sides to everything, and I think the members who have participated in this thread have provided enough information to help the OP decide. That means there's no point for any continuation of this. 'Cause despite what anyone might say, it is getting personal, since some people are not posting for the OP's benefit anymore.

What will appease me is you not bashing other members for their opinions and experiences at your holy grail of a petstore not 1 person said anything about The op not using AA apart from stompsy believe it or not **** happens to the best of businesses. but you would have to pull yr head out Yr **** to realise that....

I think it’s silly that one persons opinion can’t be taken seriously by someone who’s seemingly only had “positive” experiences and the person who had negative experience MUST be out to set up the business for failure.

All stores have their customers who will have a bad experience in stompys case, multiple bad experiences.

There’s good staff and bad staff.
from another pet shop I’ve been to(most people will know which I’m referring to) some stuff have no idea what they are talking about and want you to spend as much $$$ as possible on useless items. While some stuff will give you so much information and get you a perfect setup for 1/4 of the other staff.

Perhaps it’s possible they knew the monitors had mbd and they wanted to get rid of it.

Stompsy, couldn’t you notice the mites before you bought the python?

Don’t have anything to say about the beardy and blue tongue, that seems a bit silly to me.

Rant over
Tldr: everyone everywhere has different experiences to someone else
Nope unfortunately we didn’t notice the mites when we first made the purchase, but again, we paid and then it was about a week before pick up because we had to construct a click clack for him.

On pick up, we didn’t handle him and he stayed in the click clack at least week before we got him out for handling and a feed. I’m just lucky he was kept well away from my other reptiles or things could have been much worse.

I will add again, AA did take him back and treat him for three weeks and upon return he was mite free and still is.

Last edited:
What will appease me is you not bashing other members for their opinions and experiences at your holy grail of a petstore not 1 person said anything about The op not using AA apart from stompsy believe it or not **** happens to the best of businesses. but you would have to pull yr head out Yr **** to realise that....
There's no need for that mate. We're all adults here. Let me buy you a beer. :D

Last edited:
I didn’t actually state that the OP shouldn’t use AA, just gave details of my experience. The OP is free to obtain advice from whatever source he/she likes, but hopefully will take everything with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back