First stimmie from Perth

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JonesyJ

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all
posted yesterday on a question and well, as I have been reading everyone loves photos, Got a couple of the little one today :)
Been wanting one for almost 10 years was never allowed one, separated from daughters mother but had marine tanks setup. Got rid of them not long ago as too much work for my job, not at home a few days a week.

Anyway here it is, got history from it and first feed was 8/2/17 and hasnt missed a meal. Very plassive. IMG_1358.jpg IMG_1334.jpg IMG_1344.jpg

Very nice [emoji1303] good to see another W.Alien on here.
hahah
and another Jones :p

Well been in the enclosure for a week today, about 8 days since last feed. First feed I have done, was expecting more of a strike and for me to crap myself and throw **** everywhere. But was alot less then I was expecting, ate fine and back in its hidey spot. :) Didnt really want to be handled before that, but was guessing was hungry.

Yeah fancy that lol not many around.
I’m glad it’s settling in nicely. I have a woma Python that does the same haha barely even moves to grab the food. Just opens its mouth and starts swallowing [emoji38]

was expecting more of a strike and for me to crap myself and throw **** everywhere. But was alot less then I was expecting.
Did you feed during the day or at night? My spotted used to do the same thing if I offered her food during the day, she'd just slowly come over and ever so gently open her mouth, really slowly and just take the fuzzie. I thought, this isn't right lol. Started offering food at night and what a difference that made... she started slamming them so hard that she nearly knocked the tongs from my grip.

You will find some snakes have little or no feeding response; and then one day, they will surprise and strike. We have a MD who is our most placid snake. He never struck out, even ate gently while coiled around my wrist once as a juvenile. Then one day, he launched at the food. I nearly dropped the tongs in surprise, lol.

I feed it in the arvo was about 6pm, had to try get it out of hiding though was under the water bowl, not sure how it fitted under it. Still did a strike and wrap.
I'm sure the day it really strikes it will most prob be me hahaha
Spotted him chilling out this morning :)
xEl2e
rsz_img_1404.jpg

Added some LED strip lighting today, pretty happy with it only $20 :)
rsz_img_6986.jpg

xO41C4k_d.jpg

Just came out and spotted the little one like this. Wtf is he trying to do lol. At first was trying to reach the roof. Now just chilling there.

Last edited by a moderator:
My does that everyday day, climbs up the cords, the walls, goes to the roof, she has a stick and she try’s to go up to the roof with no body support sometime she falls maybe a 1ft fall and her head is the part that usually hits the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back