Ravens/Crows as pets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wanted an Eclectus for years, Have had my name down on a couple of waiting lists for hand reared and haven't managed to get one yet. I now have a neighbour across the street that has an Eclectus and when they aren't home and it starts up I really have to reconsider if I could put my new Neighbours through that when I move .

I have wanted an Eclectus for years, Have had my name down on a couple of waiting lists for hand reared and haven't managed to get one yet. I now have a neighbour across the street that has an Eclectus and when they aren't home and it starts up I really have to reconsider if I could put my new Neighbours through that when I move .
My mate has a green male Eclectus... interesting how with this species, it's the females who are brightly coloured and the males are drab.

Meh, as a kid I had a Corella.... they are LOUD.

I've got one. Got him as a baby 25 years ago. And they sure are loud. Typical Corella and quick to pick things up as well. He swears like a trooper (don't know where he got that from), sings (does a pretty good George Ezra, Budapest), dances (Queen is his favourite), goes off at the kids, calls the neighbour's cat them tells it to go home, knows our cars etc...etc. Great source of entertainment but LOUD.

Cheers,

George

I have wanted an Eclectus for years, Have had my name down on a couple of waiting lists for hand reared and haven't managed to get one yet.
Give John Turner from The Bird Place a ring. He often has hand reared eclectus parrots; I'm pretty sure he does a lot of them himself. We got our boy from him.
And yes, the males do make the better pets; for some reason, the females are harder to tame down.
We also have a green cheek conure, a moustache parrot, 2 Indian ringnecks, 2 budgies, and a cockatiel (technically our son's, but I'm pretty sure she will live with us forever). And quail, but they are breeders for the snakes.

You know, when eckies were first discovered, they tried to breed them but couldn't? It took them ages to figure out that the two species they were trying to breed were actually male and female. :)

There's size and plumage differences in the eckies from various Pacific Islands, and the native Australian one is different again I believe.

I've got one. Got him as a baby 25 years ago. And they sure are loud. Typical Corella and quick to pick things up as well. He swears like a trooper (don't know where he got that from), sings (does a pretty good George Ezra, Budapest), dances (Queen is his favourite), goes off at the kids, calls the neighbour's cat them tells it to go home, knows our cars etc...etc. Great source of entertainment but LOUD.

Cheers,

George
Mine would immitate the industial telephone ring from my dad's trucking depot at 5am every morning... So loud. Lol

my utmost wanted bird would be a macaw, just a bit expensive, for both them and their cages....lol.
Mine would be a cassowary. Better than a guard dog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine would immitate the industial telephone ring from my dad's trucking depot at 5am every morning... So loud. Lol

Mine would be a cassowary. Better than a guard dog.
I would choose a cassowary any day :) I did my cert 3 husbandry manual on southern cassowaries and they are mean pieces of work ;) but my trainer has hand reared them up to 2 years old before they become deemed “dangerous” and are no longer allowed as a pet :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back