Brown snake (?) Royal National Park

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So i guess I totally missed it but the poster I looked at clearly said “eastern brown snake (juvenile)” then talked about the banding and stuff

The Royal National Park is well within the range of eastern browns and there'd be plenty of them there.
I do a lot of off track bushwalking in the area and regularly see EB's, the reason I queried the scale of size in the photo is small EB's are often mistaken for the relatively harmless Marsh Snake.
DSCN1364.jpg

I do a lot of off track bushwalking in the area and regularly see EB's, the reason I queried the scale of size in the photo is small EB's are often mistaken for the relatively harmless Marsh Snake.
View attachment 322138

Umm, That's a Yellow faced Whip Snake and they are often mistaken for Browns. Marsh (Swamp) Snakes are often mistaken for Copperheads.

1.jpg

Cheers.

Last edited:
I am no expert on the smaller elapids GB but it seemed too thick in the body and with larger scales for a Whip Snake.

I am no expert on the smaller elapids GB but it seemed too thick in the body and with larger scales for a Whip Snake.

It's a Whip. Caught hundreds of both Whips And Marsh Snakes over the years. Can you see the two white markings on either side of the eye? They confirm it's a Whip Snake. The photo I put up is a Marsh Snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back