Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately I don't have any pics, but I saw a lovely little varanus varius in my travels a couple of days ago.A new development (or should I call it a destruction)in Kellyville.Anyway there was this young lacie trying to cross the road and there was a noisy minor harassing it.It had a nice yellow throat but I couldn't see much more.

I’m calling her a she in hopes that’s what she is! Honestly though, after being freighted away from all she knows, I don’t blame her for being defensive.
When you have the hatchies together they can be quite easy to sex. One of Daves animals stomps ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

When you have the hatchies together they can be quite easy to sex. One of Daves animals stomps ?

Nope. I wish. Sourced from a breeder in NSW by the name of Darrin.

Can you give me an idea on how to compare them? We will probably be getting our other 3 ultrasounded soon to confirm sexes but I figured it was too soon to do so with the littleys....

Nope. I wish. Sourced from a breeder in NSW by the name of Darrin.

Can you give me an idea on how to compare them? We will probably be getting our other 3 ultrasounded soon to confirm sexes but I figured it was too soon to do so with the littleys....
If u don't have a few it can be hard at first.
Head shape comparison u will notice a difference in the snout also. I think Robert at seca reptiles has a few of daves lacies.
Not the same looking animals as imported varanus and Daves mix but nice colored animals also.

If u don't have a few it can be hard at first.
Head shape comparison u will notice a difference in the snout also. I think Robert at seca reptiles has a few of daves lacies.
Not the same looking animals as imported varanus and Daves mix but nice colored animals also.

Ahh ok.

We haven’t been to Seca reptiles since before the expo and he only had one Lacey there. He said he had taken it in after the previous owner couldn’t deal with it’s lack of tolerance. I believe he had it up for sale at the expo.

Getting more comfortable with me around
ddc941203b7f8cda90fb15d9ba152379.jpg

This girl has been in this position just about every time i see her in the last week.
b572a88f967e5f6173d839a4ecbff78b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
favourite dwarf monitor, i'd be up to paying a bit for a hatchie.

favourite australian monitor in general actually, tied with the mertens' water monitor.

are they always that dark? ussually they look like red ackies in terms of colours from what i've seen.
No alice locale brev are what your talking about. U can probably find them a bit cheaper

Like this
5e14aa0772fcee4319c237daff5987ca.jpg

ah, either way it's the smallest monitor we can keep here, and debatably the smallest in general.

also, is there any other breeders here? i know fishhead? had a few, but hasn't been on recently.

Latest posts

Back