Reptile Collection stolen from NSW Wildlife Reserve

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got turtles that no one else in the country or the world has... I'll back the dogs. Short of rocking up with an RPG, no one is going to try.
Each to their own but that is not information that I would be putting on a public forum that also contains your full name and an approximate location.

I've got turtles that no one else in the country or the world has... I'll back the dogs. Short of rocking up with an RPG, no one is going to try.
Do you have security guards for your turtles? I’m sure there’s a reason why no one else in the world does, care to say what type of turtles?

Let's agree to disagree.. no normal civilian is packing enough heat to roll up on 3 ballistic shepherds. I guess if you're picturing Chihuahuas, your comment is valid. But no.
[doublepost=1512729079,1512728982][/doublepost]Seriously watch some YouTube videos of personal protection German Shepherds and think about it a bit more.

Kev seems to have this attitude that he knows everything better than everybody else and he is impervious to attack from criminals because of his dogs.
If criminals want something THEY WILL GET IT!!!!! You could stand there with a shotgun and you wont stop them!!!!
No I just know MY situation and my dogs better than YOU or anyone else. And no, I wouldn't need anything to stop them because they wouldn't risk their throats. Common sense suggests no reptile thief values a turtle more than their life.

Here's a pair... imagine now a trio... do your best. Worth risking?? Nope

Last edited:
No I just no MY situation and my dogs better than YOU or anyone else. And no, I wouldn't need anything to stop them because they wouldn't risk their throats. Common sense suggests no reptile thief values a turtle more than their life.

Here's a pair... imagine now a trio... do your best. Worth risking?? Nope

Don't you own Jack Russels now and the Shepherds are from years ago. Not much bigger than a Chihuahua, if so.
I also think the Police would have had a lot more to say if you really did threaten their lives like you stated.

look at what people will do for drugs/money, with the amount of cash you'd get from selling those turtles people would risk their throat, and many would be able to win, even against great danes, the people who would steal turtles in the first place aren't just your normal old joes, either.

Don't you own Jack Russels now and the Shepherds are from years ago. Not much bigger than a Chihuahua, if so.
I also think the Police would have had a lot more to say if you really did threaten their lives like you stated.
I've still got shepherds on my block out of town. And no mate, they knew they were in the wrong. We bred shepherds for the force.
[doublepost=1512730746,1512730675][/doublepost]
look at what people will do for drugs/money, with the amount of cash you'd get from selling those turtles people would risk their throat, and many would be able to win, even against great danes, the people who would steal turtles in the first place aren't just your normal old joes, either.
Like I said let's agree to disagree. They wouldn't bother and if they Did, well they'd quickly regret it. Lol

So you are saying that you have turtles that no one else in Australia or even the world has and they are just sitting on a block out of town?

Here's a serious German Shepherd.

Shame that the breed has drastically gone downhill, even in the working lines. Hey Kev, what lines were your dogs that went to the police force?

I think geese would be a great deterrent too. Quite a shock having a whole flock chasing you down.

goose_gif.gif

Last edited:
Hi there, the line was originally a working line out of Tassie.

What makes you say the breed has drastically gone downhill?
[doublepost=1512731827,1512731660][/doublepost]Lol funny you mention geese, we used to have a flock and yes they are nuts!

because of breeding they look quite a bit different than a while back, in looks they have changed quite dramatically, for the worse imo.

Hi there, the line was originally a working line out of Tassie.

What makes you say the breed has drastically gone downhill?

The show lines for example. Breeders have focused too much on what they believe is a "pretty" dog. The so-called flying trot that they have obsessed over has resulted with an extreme sloping top-line, not to mention the over exaggeration in the angulation of the hind legs which has led to wobbly, unstable hocks. Most working lines these days are bred to compete in Schutzhund and other sports, but they're not serious. If they partake in protection training most buckle under the pressure when they realise it's not a game anymore. Nothing like the dogs with nerves of steel. I have read The German Shepherd Dog in Word and Picture, a very dry read I might add, and very few dogs meet Max von Stephanitz's vision these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back