Indian mynas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danyjv

Reaction score
Hi all . Iv been catch Indian mynas at home to get the numbers down . Can I feed the dead ones to my diamond python or is there a reason I haven’t thought of not to? I know they have bird lice but wasn’t sure if that would worry the diamond . Thanks in advance .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Lacey and Diamond love them.

On the bird lice, it's not an issue if they're outside but just be careful bringing them into the house. They spread pretty quick.

Haha I was gonna tag you about this Dan as I have vivid memories of your mynah trap photos

I trap around 70 of these flying bin rats every season in my home made mynah traps.
20151229_135637.jpg
20160102_155114.jpg

Yeah the traps are fantastic, designed to exploit the mynas behaviour, you won't trap other birds in it.

Yeah the traps are fantastic, designed to exploit the mynas behaviour, you won't trap other birds in it.
I noticed there’s a hole in the bottom of the cage, I’m assuming they will try “dig under it” to get to the goodies inside?

I noticed there’s a hole in the bottom of the cage, I’m assuming they will try “dig under it” to get to the goodies inside?
It's a strategically placed "walk through" there's 2 on each trap. Once inside, they can't walk back out and their instinct is to head upwards... They then find the one way valve which they have to physically climb up... Once they push through the non return valve, they are in the holding chamber (covered in shade cloth.)

Take no notice of pic 1, that's not a trap just a small holding cage I use to hold my call birds.

Okay you have my attention,I hate Mynah's but my son doesn't want to kill anything even if it's a pest.What about catching and freezing them,surely that will solve the lice problem?
He is up for that because it reduces the feed bill.Show me some of your trap ideas.

I caught 6 rainbow Lorikeet s in it , all Un harmed and released with in 5 minutes of being caught
38a3434dc70b0b043a4d614064c148e3.jpg
7f3c9f7df460131de6c2d90833669601.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You shouldn't be catching parrots mate, obviously using the wrong bait... don't use grains or bread, the best bait to trap mynas is dried dog kibbles, mince meat or rice that's been dyed red. I've even trapped them using chicken bones and chicken necks.

i want to shoot every single noisy miner bird i see they are the most irritating thing on the planet

hate them any way they throw bay parrots out of there nest so they can nest in it its happend to black cockatoos lory kings and other birds ive seen them do that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back