Love my Roughys

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now they are no longer rare and are reasonably priced I think it's time to review their status. Mine are easy to care for, always feeding and shedding regularly and without any health problem, they are stress free and trouble free and are comfortable in a relatively small enclosure.

I adore Roughies! Especially my Winston.

I have a question for keepers of these guys in the southern states...

Winston went into full brumation about 3 months ago, when I moved house and he's still hiding away! I've checked on him a couple of times just to make sure he's still alive and he appears fine, but I was wondering if this was a normal brumation period for these guys?

I couldn't agree more, I am in QLD and he is my first ever python. He is the sweetest and most gentle little dude, always eats, no issues at all with him. I had more trouble with my new Banded Knob Tailed Geckos and feeding than my little Roughie! He is a dream come true! ;)

Winston went into full brumation about 3 months ago, when I moved house and he's still hiding away! I've checked on him a couple of times just to make sure he's still alive and he appears fine, but I was wondering if this was a normal brumation period for these guys?

Not sure, they are from a coastal area in Northern WA that never gets cold even at night so they remain active and probably feed year round, the only time mine hide away is pre shed. I cool the night temp a little in winter but they still bask on perches/rocks close to heat source during the day.

Mine too she has been hiding away for a few months now.. I too have checked on her much to her disgust.. I will be putting some more heat on her now winter is done and trying for a feed again.. I am glad mine isn't the only one ****ed away [emoji4]..

Instagram: murph_BTK

I've been slowly increasing the light cycle as the days get longer but am thinking I should start using the CHE again at night, just to get him to come out again...

He loves this spot which is 28 degrees, the other end of perch and other flower pot are warmer but rarely goes there.

IMG_6255.jpg

Master Maurice had a shed before the weekend, so we had some UV snooze time in the front yard. He is growing so well and looking so healthy, he also has similar colours to the outdoor setting hahahahaha! I love him SO MUCH!
IMG_2358.JPG IMG_2360.JPG IMG_2363.JPG

More more more. Okay.... mine is gonna get a lot of outdoor play this weekend *pic's will follow [emoji4]

Instagram: murph_BTK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back