New reptile coming

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is anything to worry about but that left eye definitely doesn't look right. It looks a little sunken or the eyelids are enlarged.
It is probably just a slight birth defect.

Very nice dragon. Perhaps a little under done, but I'm sure you'll fix that, Bluedragon.
what do you mean underdone
[doublepost=1513596470,1513595903][/doublepost]
I don't think it is anything to worry about but that left eye definitely doesn't look right. It looks a little sunken or the eyelids are enlarged.
It is probably just a slight birth defect.
i haven't seen him drink but he probably has been but his eyes look weired because i just woke him up thats why

Woodies would be better than crickets. More nutritious.
While they are better nutritionally, it would be better to start with whatever the breeder was feeding the dragon, to avoid any additional stress as it settles in.
@bluedragon, don't forget to dust with multi-cal, or something similar.

his diet is greens endive rocket cos lettuce and crickets
[doublepost=1513723936,1513636668][/doublepost]i just bought the crickets and now im breeding them but i fed him yesterday ate 3-4 large ones today i tried feeding him and he just wont take one im he looks like he is scared of them but when i first got him i needed to give him something because i didn't want him to starve so i fed him only 3 mealworms but i think thats why he isnt eating crickets
[doublepost=1513726234][/doublepost]is feeding them mealworms bad because if he doesn't eat than thats what im going to have to feed him

Mealworms aren't ideal, but fine as a short term feeding measure. When you say you are feeding him, do you mean tong feeding, or are you putting the crickets in the tank?

Mealworms are bird food. I wouldn't give them to any reptile or amphibian.

If the breeder was feeding crickets, all you can do is put a few in the tank and see if he eats them. If not, hold off for two or three days and try again.
Is he eating the greens?

Still don't think it would hurt to give Woodies a try.

As in the case with my Monitor that was being fed Crickets from the breeder yet wont touch them since I got him... But will smash down (And i mean smash, they barely have time to hit the ground before Turok has chowed them down.) Woodies no problem.

I know a Monitor isn't a Dragon, but still... Worth a shot I say.

Awesome Dragon bluedragon I'm sure he'll be eating before you know it.

Still don't think it would hurt to give Woodies a try.

As in the case with my Monitor that was being fed Crickets from the breeder yet wont touch them since I got him... But will smash down (And i mean smash, they barely have time to hit the ground before Turok has chowed them down.) Woodies no problem.

I know a Monitor isn't a Dragon, but still... Worth a shot I say.

Awesome Dragon bluedragon I'm sure he'll be eating before you know it.
thanks i might start breeding woodies but they use to be common to buy up here but now there very rare to see around here
[doublepost=1513736362,1513736235][/doublepost]
If the breeder was feeding crickets, all you can do is put a few in the tank and see if he eats them. If not, hold off for two or three days and try again.
Is he eating the greens?
droped a few crickets in there looked at them loosed interest droped a meal worm looked ran and ate it

Woodies are a lot easier to breed than crickets, crickets are time consuming and cannibalistic so you constantly have to separate them at each stage of development and they only live for 12 weeks. Woodies aren't cannibalistic, thrive on neglect and live for 14 months.

I breed both both by the thousands but woodies are by far the best, more nutritious too as they have a much broader diet. Feeder insects are as good as what they're fed and crickets are about as nutritious as cardboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back