Import/export permits?!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.mate

Reaction score
Hey guys. I used to keep a few different species of pythons, a lacey and a few dragons about 20 years ago and looking to get back into keeping a few critters again, things have come a long way since back then with color phases, crosses, etc! I've just sent away for my lic and looking to import from SA or NSW to VIC and wanted to know what the process was and what it costs?! Thanks for your help.

Import permits are issued FOC in Vic though can take 5-10 days currently to process.
Export permits would be the responsibility of the seller.

Freight costs can vary but typically expect around 90-110 per animal. Some breeders will discount on freight if you are buying multiple animals.

What is it you are looking for that you can't get in Victoria?

Just a standard movement advice form to import into or export out of QLD. Awesome.

Just a standard movement advice form to import into or export out of QLD. Awesome.
Only problem with them is apparently you need a computer with Word and a printer for the macros to complete the form. I have a lot of problems selling into Qld because the buyers can't complete the form on their phone or tablet, usually have to do it for them.

Strange... I just download the form straight onto my computer, fill it out and print... takes all of 3 mins.

SA export permits are organised by the seller, and cost nothing. 2 working day turn around, but they are pretty relaxed if it gets shipped in the meantime.

I don’t have a printer @Yellowtail if I do need forms printed it’s 50c at the local library, perhaps you could get your customers to do the same?

Yep fill it out on pc and print off. Library should have a few public use PC’s

So do you guys and girls have to have permits to keep snakes full stop or just to move them from region to region (sorry to be nosey) is this to stop interbreeding with locality snakes and muddying the gene pool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It must be difficult to police tho as a lot of you can just go herping in your own back yards,lol
You just need a license to keep hots in the U.K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back