Spencer’s monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil j

Reaction score
New member, I’m Getting a Spencer’s monitor. I’d love to post pics without a URL but I don’t know how. Anyway can’t wait.

Last edited:
Click upload a file and choose your picture. Can’t wait to see!!

You know you want one, Stompsy, lol. Are you allowed to have them in Victoria?
Neil j, he/she is a good size. How old is it?

Pinefamily I haven’t actually asked the age yet. Perfect size to me nice full belly on him. Can’t wait to handle it. It was sold to them as a girl but the seller thinks it might be a boy. Rate of grow dominance ect compared to another one. I got a 180cm pvc cage for the little fella. Picked it up 300 bucks with heat dome che and thermostat.

Good pick up. Will it be big enough as a forever home for him?
Spencers are great. Next to Mertens they have to be one of the most placid monitors. We got ours as a hatchling, and believe it or not, was a problem feeder at first. Making up for lost time now.

No he will out grow it eventually but watching some YouTube clips won’t be for awhile. Should be easier to get out of the cage for handling.
I heard that about the mertens.
[doublepost=1513894027,1513893743][/doublepost]Got some jungles hatching. Just waiting for them to come out of egg to make a call on exactly what they are as I used to two males. Tiger x tiger then axanthic x tiger. Hoping to get some hets. Dare say I will.

82C4C70D-BBC9-4535-B470-2604D556E931.jpeg

yes spencers are legal here. didn't think having a potentially 6 foot monitor would be a good first choice honestly, it'll need a very large most likely outside enclosure once an adult...

I got a little harness for goanna. Does anybody else harness??

53A9C7E2-E060-4D6D-8F5E-F1F3121D9F6B.jpeg

that's for dwarf rabbits lol..would most likely be uncomfortable too, in which even then the harness for an adult(if you even have a hand to use it after trying to equip it) would need to be for a very very large flemish giant, that harness would not fit a six month old, which is the minimum i'd even dare put a harness on. not worth it, just dumb for a large monitor imo, no matter how "placid" the species is.
[doublepost=1515145996,1515145871][/doublepost]unless you can get a 12 foot enclosure or lots of power outside this is a bad idea too, along with food, etc, you're looking at a very pricey animal all up.

Maybe one day. I’m quickly running out of space.
no you're not,just kick the kids out into the caravan lol
[doublepost=1515147678,1515147548][/doublepost]
yes spencers are legal here. didn't think having a potentially 6 foot monitor would be a good first choice honestly, it'll need a very large most likely outside enclosure once an adult...
nah just give it one of the bedrooms

I had a pair outside in western Vic as adults, kept in a disused 5M diameter concrete water tank. Only supplemental heating over winter and a dry hide spot. They spent more time down 3M long tunnels than in their winter hides:). Aaha, wont load a bmp file, Soz:(

that's for dwarf rabbits lol..would most likely be uncomfortable too, in which even then the harness for an adult(if you even have a hand to use it after trying to equip it) would need to be for a very very large flemish giant, that harness would not fit a six month old, which is the minimum i'd even dare put a harness on. not worth it, just dumb for a large monitor imo, no matter how "placid" the species is.
[doublepost=1515145996,1515145871][/doublepost]unless you can get a 12 foot enclosure or lots of power outside this is a bad idea too, along with food, etc, you're looking at a very pricey animal all up.

His not that big and the harness is adjustable and they do have a larger one. If he will tolerate me putting it on. Lol

I’m happy to dive in the deep end with a spencer. You know I stuffed around with carpets and rough scales for so long before I could dare to get a green tree python. So I’m going straight for the spenc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back