Empty tank what to put in??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie135

Reaction score
hi, so quite a while ago I purchased a tank with the intention of putting fish into it but the tank had multiple leaks that we were just not able to fix. (Now have a new tank with no leaks)
The dimensions are approximately
91cm length
37cm width
48cm height
It is a plain glass tank with no lid I would be able to get a lid or make one for it though.
I am after ideas of what I could put in it. Note this would be my first reptile

hi, so quite a while ago I purchased a tank with the intention of putting fish into it but the tank had multiple leaks that we were just not able to fix. (Now have a new tank with no leaks)
The dimensions are approximately
91cm length
37cm width
48cm height
It is a plain glass tank with no lid I would be able to get a lid or make one for it though.
I am after ideas of what I could put in it. Note this would be my first reptile
Sounds like a perfect tank for Pygmy bearded dragons (1male) if you could create a basking log with a a heat lamp

Sounds like a perfect tank for Pygmy bearded dragons (1male) if you could create a basking log with a a heat lamp
I will keep them in mind thankyou
[doublepost=1514272262,1514272229][/doublepost]
Might be a bit narrow in depth for too many reptiles (37cm).
Yeah that’s what I was thinking, thought someone out here may have an idea though
[doublepost=1514272309][/doublepost]
Make it semi-aquatic and put some dwarf tree frogs in it.
I don’t really want to have any water in it other than something in a dish as there are many leaks and I don’t want to risk it

I will keep them in mind thankyou
[doublepost=1514272262,1514272229][/doublepost]
Yeah that’s what I was thinking, thought someone out here may have an idea though
[doublepost=1514272309][/doublepost]
I don’t really want to have any water in it other than something in a dish as there are many leaks and I don’t want to risk it
A dish is more than enough for frogs mate. Here's my GTF setup.
2013-11-15.jpg

if you want an easy to obtain colourful gecko get a fat tailed, many breeders of such. a netted dragon would probably be okay too, though not easy to find(quite rare to find captive bred species) a garden skink would also be fine, or if you prefer colourful species a red tailed skink too would work, all of the skinks i've said are quite rare to find captive bred though, dunno if there's any breeders for red taileds actually.

if you want an easy to obtain colourful gecko get a fat tailed, many breeders of such. a netted dragon would probably be okay too, though not easy to find(quite rare to find captive bred species) a garden skink would also be fine, or if you prefer colourful species a red tailed skink too would work, all of the skinks i've said are quite rare to find captive bred though, dunno if there's any breeders for red taileds actually.
Fat tailed gecko sounds nice do you think there would be any small snake that would do well in a tank I’ve seen/heard Kenyan sand boas I think it was don’t require large amount of space

kenyan sand boas are exotic, and therefor illegal. if exotics were legal i'd be suggesting a lot more snakes and lizards alike, but sadly they are not. slatey grey snakes would be okay, and keelbacks(my favourite of the two, more common, more active, and only need a bit of water, a largeish dish being fine to) may also be alright, aslong as you have a male.
[doublepost=1514275208,1514275169][/doublepost]well if you're in australia, they're exotics. otherwise i'll post a long list of ones you could have. :p

so same way i learnt about exotics? not knowing they were illegal? sadly it took me years to learn they're illegal, so i know quite abit about exotics(for anyone wondering how i do)

Ah
kenyan sand boas are exotic, and therefor illegal. if exotics were legal i'd be suggesting a lot more snakes and lizards alike, but sadly they are not. slatey grey snakes would be okay, and keelbacks(my favourite of the two, more common, more active, and only need a bit of water, a largeish dish being fine to) may also be alright, aslong as you have a male.
[doublepost=1514275208,1514275169][/doublepost]well if you're in australia, they're exotics. otherwise i'll post a long list of ones you could have. :p
dam ahaha learn something new everday
[doublepost=1514275702][/doublepost]
Thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back