Egernia anyone?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
39378818852_fa20dd986a_k.jpg

Come on Dave, post em up.

I have stokesii at work,they’re super cool and wiggly

Thanks for mentioning me, Wally. Lol.

I would be keeping a lot more Egernia if it weren't for WA's measly species list. Or more skinks in general. The only skinks that seem to be represented are Tiliqua. Apparently the rest can go to buggery. Here's a few shots. If you haven't noticed, King's Skinks are one of my favourite lizards. The small brown lizards are South-western Crevice Skinks (Egernia napoleonis).

Daisyflickr.jpg
blackskninkaps1.jpg
blackskinklightaps.jpg
creviceskink2paintaps.jpg
skinktreepaintaps.jpg
Pipedreamaps.jpg
crevicerockaps.jpg

King's skinks are so cool looking
I've never seen them for sale in EU or USA but I need one. Egernia is a growing group in the hobby over here and the people who has them work really hard to make them breed and make cb animals accessible to all

Rescued them from extremely poor conditions.. Both were in the same 60cm tub in the corners with their backs arched trying to escape which is where the kink in their backs came from. The previous owner had no idea how to care for them and had only had them for a few weeks after purchasing them from a pet shop. The lizards had no mobility in their back legs which has surprisingly fully healed and both can walk properly now.

Rescued them from extremely poor conditions.. Both were in the same 60cm tub in the corners with their backs arched trying to escape which is where the kink in their backs came from. The previous owner had no idea how to care for them and had only had them for a few weeks after purchasing them from a pet shop. The lizards had no mobility in their back legs which has surprisingly fully healed and both can walk properly now.

Good on you for rescuing them. Amazing how people acquire these animals without an inkling of knowing how to care for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back