Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics smittiferous and oshiki,they look great

Such a shame to see that stunning monitor as roadkill ,man that had some decent choppers on it , bet you would know if you had hit that in a normal car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

some do it just for fun, and even if others see get nothing for it.
Yes... The world is full of A-holes. 30+ year old gravid female Macrochelodina expansa hit and killed less than 12 inches from the edge of the bitumen... If that wasn't deliberate, I'm Elvis Presley.
2-broad-shell_run_over_2 (1).jpg

Yes... The world is full of A-holes. 30+ year old gravid female Macrochelodina expansa hit and killed less than 12 inches from the edge of the bitumen... If that wasn't deliberate, I'm Elvis Presley.
View attachment 322569

No doubt its deliberate. Lots of farmers think turtles foul their dams. I've even witnessed a DSE employee do it a few times in a department vehicle, swerved on the other side of the road to get one. He should of been sacked over it but his supervisor thought nothing of it back then and was/is a common occurance in that area.

No doubt its deliberate. Lots of farmers think turtles foul their dams.
I've no idea where they'd get that idea from, if anything, they'd keep the water cleaner. I've spoken to many farmers up his way that farm yabbies in their farm dams and see turtles as a pest because they eat the yabbies, that has some merit but fouling the dams is just ridiculous.

I agree with u !
I'm just saying that some people are wired different and get enjoyment out of killing things or seeing things in pain. Thats hard to fix

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Very hard. I love true crime and even considered doing a degree in criminology a few years ago and a major trait in a lot of serial killers is the urge to kill or torture small animals. Then there’s those who have been taught that animals (specifically reptiles/snakes) should be killed on site. I think the latter can be taught to think differently.

eh, don't think any 60 year old hillbilly shooting every animal he sees with a rifle will learn, ever. the older generations are almost impossible if not impossible usually to teach, they're more stubborn with their beliefs.

eh, don't think any 60 year old hillbilly shooting every animal he sees with a rifle will learn, ever. the older generations are almost impossible if not impossible usually to teach, they're more stubborn with their beliefs.
It’s all about how you educate someone. People can be more receptive than you think, if you go about it the right way.

Not saying that everyone can be turned, but a lot can.

My Yellow Spotted monitor is is packing on the weight. Even tho I am closely watching her diet and food intake.. guess she's gonna need a bigger cage [emoji38]
98ec38c3aeabe137fa0106f0911164ee.jpg
37cda2f7e422788ce1acddb78d1a8fda.jpg

Instagram: murph_BTK

Latest posts

Back