Baby Western Netted Dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero Egernia

Reaction score
Finally took some more photos of the baby Western Netted Dragons (Ctenophorus reticulatus). Won't be long now until they're all ready to go to their new homes. Their incredible small size proved to be both a blessing and a curse. But all the while it was mostly fun raising them.

NettedBabiesaps.jpg
NettedBabies3aps.jpg
redboybabyaps1.jpg

absolutely gorgeous Kayla, I have some central netted but not as pretty as the western.
I wish we could import from the Western state, but they consider themselves a separate country and make things so hard

Last edited:
How many did you end up with?

Ended up having four clutches, but I didn't incubate them all due to silly DPaW rules. We're only allowed to sell one clutch each year, and Netted Dragons don't have very big clutches.

absolutely gorgeous Kayla, I have some central netted but not as pretty as the western.
I wish we could import from the Western state, but they consider themselves a separate country and make things so hard

They both look beautiful. But seeing as we can't keep Central Netteds in WA we have to settle for Western Netteds. You can import from WA. It's relatively straight foward and easy to do, but unfortunately it's expensive. The export fee is $180.

I didn't incubate them all due to silly DPaW rules. We're only allowed to sell one clutch each year, and Netted Dragons don't have very big clutches.
What the? That's about the most anti-conservative rule I've ever heard of. I'm assuming they're not considered threatened / vulnerable in the wild then??

What the? That's about the most anti-conservative rule I've ever heard of. I'm assuming they're not considered threatened / vulnerable in the wild then??

That's DPaW for you. If we want to sell more we have to apply for a reptile farmer's licence which costs $1000 and it only covers a year as I understand it. It'll probably be cheaper and easier to apply for a taker's licence and take from the wild on a regular basis. And you wonder why us West Australians are always complaining.
[doublepost=1515051513,1515028020][/doublepost]Here's some photos of the parents. I think the male may be coming up to a shed, though.

redheadaps.jpg
MaleRedaps.jpg
GreyGirlaps.jpg
PaleGirlaps.jpg

That's DPaW for you. If we want to sell more we have to apply for a reptile farmer's licence which costs $1000 and it only covers a year as I understand it. It'll probably be cheaper and easier to apply for a taker's licence and take from the wild on a regular basis. And you wonder why us West Australians are always complaining.
[doublepost=1515051513,1515028020][/doublepost]Here's some photos of the parents. I think the male may be coming up to a shed, though.

View attachment 322633
View attachment 322634
View attachment 322635
View attachment 322636
The world needs more of these. The DPaW should pull their heads in!

typical boofocrats,not happy unless they ruining some-ones fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back