Concern about new snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Recently got a Darwin carpet python who is a yearling. When I bought him from the shop, the animal carer said he was given a minimal diet and was fed every fortnight. I had just fed him today and he ate it fine, but now he is in a constant striking position, always looking at me. Is this a concern to be taking seriously or is it something they do??

How long ago did u get him? And when did you feed him? (How many days in between) let him settle in for a week before going near him, give him plenty of hides. Sounds like he’s been given a meal but nowhere to hide so he’s very defensive

How long ago did u get him? And when did you feed him? (How many days in between) let him settle in for a week before going near him, give him plenty of hides. Sounds like he’s been given a meal but nowhere to hide so he’s very defensive

I've had him for 5 days. I figured 5 - 7 would be enough for him to settle. He was due to a meal yesterday which I gave. Feed him once a week (Was told from the carer). Hides are no problem, the snake has plenty.

Just wants to be left alone. They feel vulnerable when they have fed as they are unable to move as quickly/defend themselves from predators.
Just leave it be for a few days.

Feeding every 2 weeks isn't a problem.

its hungry. keep feeding it until it turns its nose up at food.

I’ve found animals bought from pet stores are very small for there size and can become pretty aggressive when food has been on offer I would up the prey size and possibly go to weekly feeds for a bit and see if that makes a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back