Central netted fruit and veg diet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedragon

Reaction score
hi all sorry for bugging but can you guys give me a list of fruit and veg that he can eat and cant i searched all over for their diets but theirs not much keeping information thanks

My understanding is they don't eat fruit and veg, but rather a combination of small insects such as beetles, caterpillars and termites and the leaves and flowers of small herbaceous plants.
[doublepost=1516523442,1516523096][/doublepost]Copied and pasted from the Reptile One site...

"Diet: Central Netted Dragons are basically omnivorous requiring a balance of Insects (crickets, cockroaches or mealworms) and a mix of green or red vegetables (spinach, coloured lettuce, tomato, peppers or yellow flower petals). Juvenile Dragons will need to be fed daily the vegetable mix and insects while the adults, if active fed daily or if not so active, two to three times per week. The insect should be dusted with Reptile One Vitacal twice
a week, all uneaten food should be removed in the afternoon daily."

hi all sorry for bugging but can you guys give me a list of fruit and veg that he can eat and cant i searched all over for their diets but theirs not much keeping information thanks
my central netted eat veg,usually things like carrot,beans,lettuce,butternut pumpkin. I feed the same things my beardies eat.
Check out my favourite website.. http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html .
I don't remove uneaten food because the leftover bugs can eat this overnight,I change plates with fresh food every morning

In the wild they eat primarily insects but also take occasional green leafy vegetable matter and flowers. I would be a bit cautious about offering fruit as it is high in fruit sugar (fructose) which is different from the nectar found in flowers. My favourite edible plant to recommendation for lizards is dandelions - they love the yellow flowers and the leaves are high in calcium. Nasturtiums are another edible flower and leaf, with the leaves being high in vitamins A, C and D. These can both be easily grown from seed in pots (or purchased from a garden outlet) and whole plants put in with the lizards to decimate at their leisure.

Hibiscus flowers are also relished by many lizard species. In terms of leaf greens, the following would be suitable for netted dragons… kale, beet greens, mustard greens, broccoli greens, turnip greens, bok choy, pak choy, parsley, clover, cabbage. Given that the lizards will not be tearing appropriate sized mouthfuls off the plant, as they would in nature, it is very important that you chop the leaves into bite sized pieces before offering them. An appropriate size is about half as big as the head or as wide as the distance between the eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back