Best places to find snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's much safer to go herping with another person in case of an accident or bite. Also make sure you carry a compression bandage and are familiar with first aid for a snake bite and stay hydrated during summer.

To add onto this, if you do decide to go alone be sure to tell someone where you're going and how long you expect to be gone for.

To add onto this, if you do decide to go alone be sure to tell someone where you're going and how long you expect to be gone for.
This is standard advice for bushwalking but sadly ignored by the majority and as George said always carry a compression bandage,I have 1 permanently in my binocular case which is always in my backpack along with a reptile identification book,camera,water bottle.Plus old time advice such as always carry a knife and some string or rope and possibly a small tarp.

Depending how seriously remote you're going, I've often taken a personal epirb. Some of the spots I go chasing turtles are more than 150km from the nearest mobile phone reception area.

Where we look we are only right near the road, also very close to houses, and I know my way around there very well. Not saying I won't take precautions like mentioned above, but its always good to know your way around the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back