Hello!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ella C

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm Ella and I'm 14.
I love reptiles and amphibians and have owned a green tree frog for 8 years but would love to start a collection of reptiles and amphibians.
Aside from the creature itself I believe the best thing about herp keeping is being able to design and create beautiful habitats that look and act like nature. I've made a bioactive, naturalistic paludarium for my tree frog and are currently creating another vivarium.
Aside from frogs my family also has many other pets including dogs, cats, goats, horses and a really grumpy alpaca. I'm super lucky to be in a family that loves animals almost as much as I do.
Anyway, I can't wait to learn more about reptiles and amphibians from other keepers.
Thanks!

(Sorry about the crap photo, it was taken from my computer)

Photo on 22-1-18 at 7.26 pm #3.jpg

Welcome! I completely agree, when I get the chance I always like to make my enclosures as realistic as possible, its half the fun of keeping the animal. As my snakes get bigger I would love to make them some nice bioactive enclosures just like they have at zoos (but on a smaller scale of course).

Hi Ella, welcome to the forum. It's always great to see people of a young age like yourself taking such a keen interest in the hobby.

Please post a pic of the grumpy alpaca, he/she sounds awesome!

Welcome. I too keep 6 GTF's, 5 males and 1 female. Love them to bits... Except in Summer when the croaking never ceases. LOL

Welcome to APS! There are many knowledgeable people here to ask advice and also just have a good chat with! Some of them have been herping for a very long time and have some great stories and pictures.

Please post a picture of your grumpy alpaca!

Haha depends what computer you have.

PC. i mean technically you can take pictures from "computers" aka phones.
Desktops, no. Unless you have an external webcam.

Laptops usually have inbuilt cameras these days :) some people will debate they spy on you :p

You can take pics on my laptop via the webcam.

Australia's green tree frogs are also the longest lived species in the world, living up to 30 years. Looks like I'm going to be putting up with croaking for a while yet considering my 6 are only 4 years old. Lol

You just go into your PC's BIOS upon startup and disable the webcam, then also uninstall it in the devices manager AND cover the actual lense with a piece of electrical tape. ;)

If you have an iPhone or Blackberry, the NSA has access to your cams according to Edward Snowden.

Last edited:
Laptops usually have inbuilt cameras these days :) some people will debate they spy on you :p
not just your laptops but your TV also has a webcam that can be hacked,This is so 1984 (something young people might not have read but you should!!) Modern technology has much to offer but it also has much to be afraid of.

Welcome to the forum, Ella. As has been said, there is a lot to read and learn, and plenty of good people to help with great advice. Take your time, and work out what you really want to get.

You just go into your PC's BIOS upon startup and disable the webcam, then also uninstall it in the devices manager AND cover the actual lense with a piece of electrical tape. ;)

If you have an iPhone or Blackberry, the NSA has access to your cams according to Edward Snowden.
It doesn't matter what phone it is. App permissions are where they are doing their best work. Go through your phones apps, even the pre-loaded ones, and have a look at the permissions they require. Camera access, Microphone access, access to your Internal Drive files, permission to make Phone Calls, permission to Send Emails without your knowledge and the list goes on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back