Where do people get their information?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scutellatus

Reaction score
I found this while searching for something today.

"Snakes are well known for their population-control contributions to gardens and farms, hunting everything from MIDGES to moles".

Now there's a snake I need!
I might even get a couple to hang off the corners of the tent for my next camping trip up the mudflats.

How can people write that rubbish without firstly thinking if it makes sense and secondly researching to confirm the information.

Here is the link for anyone interested.
http://www.hobbyfarms.com/how-to-identify-a-shed-snakeskin/

hunting everything from MIDGES
Ah yes, the famous midge eating snake (Anteateresia insectivorata)
Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 10.58.10 am.png

Last edited:
Not sure about the reference to 'midges' but there are insect eating snakes such as Garters and Ribbon snakes though it wouldn't be their entire or even a sizable part of their diet.
Just that we don't have them here in Oz. I never kept Garter snakes in the UK but wish I had as the experience would have been awesome I think.

I do know the skinks we have in our yard help to keep the bugs out of the veggies. It's only the wild beardie that's a problem, eating some of the seedlings.

I remember reading an article in an old Herpetofauna from the 90's about someone observing a Yellow faced Whip Snake actively chasing and eating grasshoppers.

George.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back