Yearling bhp

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Stark

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Yearling bhp freshly shed and out for a stretch. Will feed him tonight this guy has a Jekyll and Hyde personality. He gets a varied diet between rats,rabbits and quail.
4ef201315e8ee381a25b295dcb1fc5ae.jpg
299a9fc99d00708453eb2318cd884bee.jpg
b46cb87c0d62c83fb88269d888baaadb.jpg
569dc1b9cfecffe8ce2e4b59d3d8b340.jpg
3a06ae0caf39f60bf7a6823c1cead77c.jpg
4bdfb2717d789f13698afed96934fe64.jpg
4e3e5705a0a9d46c19940e7889548c1b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pics.They are so cool with there stripes. then it looks like someone dipped there head in black paint

Nice pics.They are so cool with there stripes. then it looks like someone dipped there head in black paint

Yeah Bhp has to up there with my favourite pythons they are beautiful.

They are stunning that’s for sure,I think if was going to have a python it would be toss up between a bhp or a white lipped python I love how iridescent they are

They are stunning that’s for sure,I think if was going to have a python it would be toss up between a bhp or a white lipped python I love how iridescent they are

We can only keep Aussie natives but thats ok because we really are spoiled for choice. I’m a Geordie by birth but did not keep reptiles when I lived in the [emoji636]

Good lad, slight warmer than here like
At least it’s been above freezing today and the snow from all day Sunday has gone ( bet it makes you glad to have moved to warmer shores)

As you say there’s a fair few native snakes to keep down there
We are quite lucky in the U.K. to be able to have pretty much what we want .
As any lunatic that lets anything go here wont survive the winter and wipe out all our native species.there are still idiots that try like and give the hobby a bad name .
I really think it’s great they are so strict about invasive species but I guess you guys don’t think that sometimes

Good lad, slight warmer than here like
At least it’s been above freezing today and the snow from all day Sunday has gone ( bet it makes you glad to have moved to warmer shores)

As you say there’s a fair few native snakes to keep down there
As any lunatic that lets anything go here wont survive the winter and wipe out all our native species.there are still idiots that try like and give the hobby a bad name .
I really think it’s great they are so strict about invasive species but I guess you guys don’t think that sometimes

I do not miss the climate in Newcastle lol

Does that also apply to gov't officials who allow non natives in that are killing off the indigenous humans???? (Sorry that might be in bad taste)

Last edited:
Why anyone would want to breed BHPs with orange heads is beyond me.

Not quite an orange head but reduced black.
I actually have some and they are stunning animals. Not everyones cup of tea I agree but then again I'm not into Jags or Carpondro's or mixed carpets.

I actually have some and they are stunning animals. Not everyones cup of tea I agree but then again I'm not into Jags or Carpondro's or mixed carpets.
Any pics? Excuse my ignorance but I've never heard of reduced black bhp's.

Hey Paul, I was recently shown a picture of one that resembled a Woma Python. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions and personal tastes but I find it particularly strange that people are selectively breeding BHPs with orange heads and WPs with black heads. Why not just have the other if you prefer black or orange heads?

Any pics? Excuse my ignorance but I've never heard of reduced black bhp's.

Yes mate. I will get some over the weekend and post on this thread.

Hey Paul, I was recently shown a picture of one that resembled a Woma Python. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions and personal tastes but I find it particularly strange that people are selectively breeding BHPs with orange heads and WPs with black heads. Why not just have the other if you prefer black or orange heads?

I don't disagree with you entirely and I have said many times that I'm happy doing my own thing, (Morphs) but don't always agree with some of the other stuff that goes on in the hobby (and I'm sure there are plenty who don't agree with pattern/colour variations that are seen as being 'non wild type').

Just on that let me point out that wild caught BHP's from some regions do carry gold patches, (reduced black) under the chin. This has simply been expanded upon by some breeders through selective/line breeding.
I think the specific animal you are referring too would be from a QLD breeder, (I won't name names). Thing is they have also been bred to bring out another trait that I really like which is the Train Track pattern along the spine.
A Orange/Gold headed BHP is not really a Woma is it? (And I never heard of a black headed Woma though I have seen and would love to have a black woma). Regardless of colours/markings a BHP is still a BHP.....Lets be honest here BHP is just a name. Is a Zebra no longer a zebra because its pattern/colours change?
These are not crossed with other species, they are an extension of a trait that can be found on wild type animals......Is that not what humans do. (I'm sure we have had this conversation before lol)
We do have a plan for the reduced colour line which Im not going to go into any great detail on and I agree it won't be everyones cup of tea but its still a BHP.

My thoughts exactly Lol!! I mean fair enough, go for gold if thats what you want to do, gives me a laugh though.
Their both Aspiditis, so very closely related, and I wouldn't be surprised if we learn't that they all originated from either a woman or a Bhp, which is why its fairly easy to do. The black head makes it very difficult to see it coming down a burrow, even keeping them, occasionally that black head will surprise you. I have black hides for mine and they'll wait just inside the opening, but you just can't see them there.
Ive kept a few back from different breedings over the years and have a stunning one with reduced melanin (heads still full black) but the body almost glows yellow in the sun between the bands. Awesome snakes.

Snakes evolving from woman hmmm you might be onto something

Well picked up, quick as a flash in fact.

Their both Aspiditis, so very closely related, and I wouldn't be surprised if we learn't that they all originated from either a woma or a Bhp, which is why its fairly easy to do.

I agree. My own belief is that they are variations of the same animal that have naturally morphed over many generations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back