Parrot question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh how I wish falconry would become legal here.
Would also be good for dealing with rabbits and other feral pests.
Amen! And just the idea of it gives me a huge rush... I'd have a dozen of them... I'd love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love a pekin duck actually, but I'm I'm not allowed because they're "dangerous" (parents based that completely on size, sadly)
They don't see a bird with the ability to crush and possibly amputate your fingers as dangerous?
The worst a duck could do is leave some decent scratches/cuts on your fingers.

Again, it was completely based on the size of the duck, if they did some research they'd probably change their mind, But they won't, nor care what I have to say about it.

Again, it was completely based on the size of the duck, if they did some research they'd probably change their mind, But they won't, nor care what I have to say about it.
It seems as if you have a lot of 'pie in the sky' ideas that you will be able to pursue when you eventually move out of your parents house.

If you decide to imprint a single goose/duck be sure to get a female. A male that thinks it's a human can, erm, try to make love to you or someone else in the breeding season. They're not often gentle about it either. In fact, most kinds of domestic poultry can make great pets if raised by humans. We tend to point at dogs and cats for cuddly pets that crave interaction, but I believe imprinted birds fit the bill quite well.

I had an imprinted goat... stumbled upon it hiking through bushland, only hours old... followed me home. Was the best "dog" I had for 10 years. Lol

I love my works yellow tails, sulphurs and gang gangs.

Eclectus parrots like to do their own things and talk smack.

Macaws I’m not really sure about except they’re noisier than the other 2

They’re extremely smart and you will need a padlock system if you do use a cage.

Speaking of geese, I love cape barrens

I'd absolutely love a gang gang, sadly they're very rare compared to red taileds, sulphurs, etc. I'd also love yellow tails, but a bit out of my price range.

Most attractive Cockatoo (in my opinion) is the Major Mitchell. My dad absolutely LOVES these things and why wouldn't you?!
Major-Mitchells-Cockatoo-Flying.jpg

major%20mitchells%20cockatoo%2001.jpg
major%20mitchell.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back