Electricity Companies And The Future In Oz

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I've noticed what i think is a move in the media too, i think what alot of people call Right Wing movements these days aren't that at all. I Think its people that can see the childhoods they had have disappeared for there children. We look back to what we had and its no longer.
I'm certainly not blaming a particular race because there's good in everyone, but when we look at whats different between then and now. Its letting people in that only know war and fighting, they've been fighting with each other for ever and now they bring that mentality here. NOT ALL. but we blame what we don't know.
There's no hard right wing groups in this country, just people that don't like the change.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Recently I've noticed what i think is a move in the media too, i think what alot of people call Right Wing movements these days aren't that at all. I Think its people that can see the childhoods they had have disappeared for there children. We look back to what we had and its no longer.

Sort of but its not just about losing what we know is it? Its more than that, I fear for the very fabric of our society. This is not a fear of change it's about how damn difficult and expensive life is going to be for the next generation. I have 2 young grand daughters and I really can't see how they will ever be able to live independent lives with jobs so hard to come by and lifes basic's so expensive. People are being forced into so many changes without anyone even listening to the concerns. Common man the world over see's what is happening and understands the implications in long term yet those that represent us in the greater part don't even listen.

Sort of but its not just about losing what we know is it? Its more than that, I fear for the very fabric of our society. This is not a fear of change it's about how damn difficult and expensive life is going to be for the next generation. I have 2 young grand daughters and I really can't see how they will ever be able to live independent lives with jobs so hard to come by and lifes basic's so expensive. People are being forced into so many changes without anyone even listening to the concerns. Common man the world over see's what is happening and understands the implications in long term yet those that represent us in the greater part don't even listen.
Definitely
And if we sell everything to overseas interests its only going to get harder.
I don't even want to think about how hard it will be for my young ones. I have to work like buggery now because in 10 to 20 years time I'll be selling the big house so they get a start. Not sure the missus agrees but hopefully she'll have Alzheimer's by then.
Actually it will be easier on me if i get it

Definitely
And if we sell everything to overseas interests its only going to get harder.
I don't even want to think about how hard it will be for my young ones. I have to work like buggery now because in 10 to 20 years time I'll be selling the big house so they get a start. Not sure the missus agrees but hopefully she'll have Alzheimer's by then.
Actually it will be easier on me if i get it

was I supposed to not laugh at that last bit?

I wouldn't say jobs in general are hard to get, decent paying/traditional ones? Yeah, but not jobs in general.

Just jobs that will pay the bills. How many Aussies earn over the average income? Try buying a house, or even saving for a deposit on 50-60k a year. Plenty of jobs, casual or part time paying SFA

Just jobs that will pay the bills. How many Aussies earn over the average income? Try buying a house, or even saving for a deposit on 50-60k a year. Plenty of jobs, casual or part time paying SFA
Banks won't be lending to people earning 50k within the next few years.

You should try buying a house when you have five kids. We need an income of $120-130,000 just to get a look-in.

You should try buying a house when you have five kids. We need an income of $120-130,000 just to get a look-in.
I'm in the middle of building atm and the budget has blown out by about 50k.
So i went back to the bank. I had a $500,000 deposit and i earn pretty good money. And there giving me a hard time to the extent they might pull the pin on me.

I'm in the middle of building atm and the budget has blown out by about 50k.
So i went back to the bank. I had a $500,000 deposit and i earn pretty good money. And there giving me a hard time to the extent they might pull the pin on me.

Is that a typo? $500,000 is a hell of a deposit. It is ridiculous the way the lending criteria works. You can't even say you don't need to put anything down for 'entertainment' when we don't spend much at all on entertainment. With the rent we pay we could easily afford the repayments but don't have $120,000+ income so they won't even look at it. Maybe I just need to be shiftier and fudge the numbers in regard to income and how many kids we have.

Is that a typo? $500,000 is a hell of a deposit. It is ridiculous the way the lending criteria works. You can't even say you don't need to put anything down for 'entertainment' when we don't spend much at all on entertainment. With the rent we pay we could easily afford the repayments but don't have $120,000+ income so they won't even look at it. Maybe I just need to be shiftier and fudge the numbers in regard to income and how many kids we have.
I sold my previous house.
Its stupid how they work it.
They asked me how much i spend on fuel. I said i don't my work pay for fuel/ rego and insurance and they told me i had to put something down. How can i put a figure down if i dont have one.
And no bastard can afford entertainment these days

I just sold my house to a wealthy doctor who owns several medical centres and they will only lend him 75% of a very conservative valuation, I spoke to the valuer when he inspected and he was impressed with the property and thought the sale price was around the mark but the doctors bank discounted the value 20%, said it was their new policy with investment properties.

I sold my previous house.
Its stupid how they work it.
They asked me how much i spend on fuel. I said i don't my work pay for fuel/ rego and insurance and they told me i had to put something down. How can i put a figure down if i dont have one.
And no bastard can afford entertainment these days

What sort of work do you do Sheldon? They sound like they have a very generous salary package. Also do they have a Qld division? I could use a job with perks like that!

I don't understand that at all... I bought my house, $400,000 with a deposit of $24,500 only back in March 2016. Didn't matter about income or number of dependants... all they needed to see was that my wife and I were in stable jobs and had been so for X amount of time and they wanted to see the savings for the deposit, rental history tennant ledger and an intact credit rating. I think you need to change banks.

Last edited:
I really don't know why people even consider borrowing from banks, especially the big 4. There's plenty of money available outside the mainstream sources for housing. I've always found mortgage brokers and credit unions to be the go. Bought my last 2 places through finance from a credit union. Didn't have to pay a deposit for the one I'm in now just used the equity I had in my previous one which I sold 18 months ago for nice little profit. Because the valuation on the one I'm in now came in at over $150K above the purchase price I didn't have to use any of the profit to cover a deposit on this one.

All they wanted to see when we bought both places was proof of income and we when we provide it for our current home they said that they could see that my wife's income was enough to cover repayments, insurance etc and that mine was more than a convenient extra. She only works casually and I'm a self employed Private Investigator. Despite both earning a good income it's two things (casual employment & self employment) that the banks frown upon when considering employment and income details for a loan application yet it didn't concern the credit union one way or the other.

Last year my eldest boy went halves with a mate to buy a 5 bedder here in Bello and he didn't even need a deposit. My daughter just finalised a loan yesterday for a nice 3 bedder on a big block in Inverell that cost $275K on a $16K deposit. Both loans were obtained at a great interest rate through a mortgage broker.

The biggest issue for me is that I live with a 14 year old and have to pay all the bills by myself. I earn above the average wage, so I'm on good money but I literally just scrape by every month. Buying a house for me has become a pipe dream and further to that, I would love to get a degree to move into working with animals but if I start one, I'll get money taken off me straight away and struggle to pay the bills.

It a no win situation. Especially when you live on your own...
[doublepost=1517261782,1517261617][/doublepost]
I really don't know why people even consider borrowing from banks, especially the big 4. There's plenty of money available outside the mainstream sources for housing. I've always found mortgage brokers and credit unions to be the go. Bought my last 2 places through finance from a credit union. Didn't have to pay a deposit for the one I'm in now just used the equity I had in my previous one which I sold 18 months ago for nice little profit. Because the valuation on the one I'm in now came in at over $150K above the purchase price I didn't have to use any of the profit to cover a deposit on this one.

All they wanted to see when we bought both places was proof of income and we when we provide it for our current home they said that they could see that my wife's income was enough to cover repayments, insurance etc and that mine was more than a convenient extra. She only works casually and I'm a self employed Private Investigator. Despite both earning a good income it's two things (casual employment & self employment) that the banks frown upon when considering employment and income details for a loan application yet it didn't concern the credit union one way or the other.

Last year my eldest boy went halves with a mate to buy a 5 bedder here in Bello and he didn't even need a deposit. My daughter just finalised a loan yesterday for a nice 3 bedder on a big block in Inverell that cost $275K on a $16K deposit. Both loans were obtained at a great interest rate through a mortgage broker.
What credit unions did they go through?

Neither of us are working at the moment, still living off the redundancy from my last job. When we bought our house in the country, we were nearly mortgage free. We pay $95 a week. Do you think the bank would consolidate our car loan and house loan, despite the massive equity? Of course not. In the same breath they tell us we are excellent customers in their ratings.

What sort of work do you do Sheldon? They sound like they have a very generous salary package. Also do they have a Qld division? I could use a job with perks like that!
I run a truck sales yard.
And if they had a qld devision i wouldn't be putting up with Melbourne winters. And i could collect alot more monitors. ( i think a qld devision is a good idea )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back