Convincing Parents to let me have pet snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s good then ghoulgecko , experience is a really valuable tool in life at least you will be nicely prepared for when you eventually get your own, just keep up up the hard work which you definitely seem to be doing then your parents slowly may come around, sounds like your being really mature about I. Think that’s definitely the best way to win your parents round
Good luck for 2018 , it may be your year

Ghoulgecko and imported_tuatara don’t wish your life’s away [emoji4] it’s not always fun being an adult before you know it you will be over 40 and wonder where time went

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

So if I understand you right, Ghoulgecko, your parents haven't given you a reason why you can't have a snake?
The best thing you can do now is to back off, and drop the subject for a while. Keep reading and researching, and let them see that you are. Also, if they ask you what you want for your birthday, start asking for accessories and bits and pieces you will need when you do own a snake: hook, infrared temp gun, hides, etc. Don't ask for a snake, just the other things you need. They will see that you are serious, and maybe, just maybe, they will overcome their fears. Let them bring the subject up though.
Good luck!

i have done such before, except they'd just think it''d be for one of the monitors or geckos i want, as i'm much bigger into monitors, just monitors aren't as cheap unless a large species, sadly.

Hi all,
This is my first post and I'm just going to ask for some advice. I have been trying for months now to convince my parents to let me have a snake. It was actually the first reptile I asked for. My Mum was okay with it at first but my Dad hated the idea.

I have asked everyone i know of options and tried everything but they just won't give in. What should I do?

Cheers.

Hi, I WAS one of those parents who flat refused to allow my son to have a snake. He joined this forum and kept researching and bugging me. I finally gave in, I decided to not let my fear get in the way of something he was clearly passionate about.
The snake arrived, Im doing the "if that gets out Im killing it" thing.
Long story short, I managed t look at it, then touch it! Few weeks in I could hold it altho still quite scared of it. Was holding it while son was cleaning out the clickclak tub, snakie stretched out and licked me on the nose! That was it for me! Totally in love with this scaly monster!
6 months later we had 17 snakes of various types, stimmies, childrens, bredli, murray darlings, jungles and womas.

So my advice to you is, never give up, keep researching, show them this post! Lol..
Best of luck xxx

Hi, I WAS one of those parents who flat refused to allow my son to have a snake. He joined this forum and kept researching and bugging me. I finally gave in, I decided to not let my fear get in the way of something he was clearly passionate about.
The snake arrived, Im doing the "if that gets out Im killing it" thing.
Long story short, I managed t look at it, then touch it! Few weeks in I could hold it altho still quite scared of it. Was holding it while son was cleaning out the clickclak tub, snakie stretched out and licked me on the nose! That was it for me! Totally in love with this scaly monster!
6 months later we had 17 snakes of various types, stimmies, childrens, bredli, murray darlings, jungles and womas.

So my advice to you is, never give up, keep researching, show them this post! Lol..
Best of luck xxx

Thank-you, this could really help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back