Parrot question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does everyone just get black cockies? Does everyone secretly have a stash of thousands of dollars? Lol

I worked very hard earning $8 An hour at good ol McDonald's, going to uni, paying rent and bills etc to get mine. I worked most opens and closes.
I ate rice and bread most meals.
I wanted him that bad. He was worth every moment of deprivation and hard work.

I worked very hard earning $8 An hour at good ol McDonald's, going to uni, paying rent and bills etc to get mine. I worked most opens and closes.
I ate rice and bread most meals.
I wanted him that bad. He was worth every moment of deprivation and hard work.
That's dedication Vamps. You would have appreciated him so much more that way aswell. Too many people buy them these days without understanding the commitment they require. Unfortunately it is the same with many animals, in our fast paced world people just have to have it and immediately at that. I would love to own one but am waiting until I own my own home so it can be setup correctly.

Understandable, I'm gonna hopefully start breeding dragons to get some money a bit faster than I would otherwise.
There is a classic line out of the Aussie film “The Castle” that comes immediately to mind. I wonder if you can guess what it is?

If you seriously want to make some money, then get a part-time job. At various times I had a paper round (selling newspapers), flogging fresh fruit in buckets door-to-door for a local supplier, delivering pamphlets in letter boxes and even going around collecting empty drink bottles from houses to cash them in for the refunds. I worked through every set of Christmas holidays from age 14 to 23, bar one year, in various factories and as a bus conductor. I also drove a taxi one year while I was part-time at uni finishing off. There were a few other things I did but the important point was that these jobs did not just happen. I had to actively go and seek them, even to the point of knocking on factory doors and asking the manager if he had any jobs going. So you can make it happen if you really want to.

The only thing I will warn you of is that many of these places used to give me the worst, dirtiest, most boring job they could find on day 1. Survive that test and I got more normal work from then on.

My little Pale-headed Rosella Max loves to sit on wifey's head... If you take him off, he goes straight back... She could literally wear him as a hat all day,. LOL
20141111_184846-1.jpg 20141111_184850-1.jpg

They’re loud, too smart, and expensive as heck

Choose a baby emu or something
They are definitely loud, nothing is ever too smart and at between $400 and $800 for a bonded pair they aren't expensive at all.

Actually yeah, they're expensive, i forgot about that...

My black cockatoo was from Barry at Rosewood Bird Garden in QLD who also breeds majors.
He freights.

I'm not sure what you consider expensive as heck,
I often see them on gumtree much cheaper, but when I asked the above breeder a few years ago his were $900 hand raised.

He is also very big on breeding true to a subspecies which is a big part of why my magnificus red tail came from him.

Wait so i was correct in what i thought originally. wait i just confused myself. $900 is perfect :D

Yes I wondered if someone got then confused with gang gangs price wise ($2000-$3000 a bird, generally).

I'm not saying $900 is a cheap bird, I just mean it's not THAT outlandish for a parrot.

Anyway, best of luck.
The above breeder has sold me two beautiful male Magnificus birds that were hand raised and absolutely lovely birds. In perfect feather and absolute delights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back