Carpet python jaw/lip??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Today I noticed my snakes right side of his lower lip was sorta curved in he ate 3 days ago so it couldn't of been that and it was fine till today. He did bite me earlier but was a regular bite. He let go straight away but that's the only thing I can think of that caused this it's normaly fine and semetrical. What could it be?
f9a66e26278a8e33ece0776918924e70.jpg
b42e06d18541caa4f5bc6b8d91ed871e.jpg
2a4bb9cfbe047f1bf4f4a8514dc2d26c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Sort of off topic, but what are those little black dots on the underside of mouth? Look like Mites but could be bedding

On topic, it’s nothing to worry about (the lip bite ), my baby does it aswell

The lip is probably just hooked up on a tooth. It will sort itself out.
Thank you I did some research and got a lot of results for that but I wasn't sure.

Sort of off topic, but what are those little black dots on the underside of mouth? Look like Mites but could be bedding

I didn't notice this till youh pointed it out good eye I'm not to sure I'm having a look and him now.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

He has just shed and the little dots are in the same spot, could it still be mites or would they have some off with the shed?

He has just shed and the little dots are in the same spot, could it still be mites or would they have some off with the shed?

If you touch them they’ll move, they should have come off with the shed, however if they’re in the EXACT same spot I wouldn’t think they’re mites

Another sign is if he tries to submerge in water

If you touch them they’ll move, they should have come off with the shed, however if they’re in the EXACT same spot I wouldn’t think they’re mites

Another sign is if he tries to submerge in water

they haven't moved at all I've tried will my finger and a damp paper towel but they are still there. yeah thats what I was thinking as they would be on the skin and come off with it not under the skin. I've never seen him soak himself so he's not irritated at all by mites.
[doublepost=1517460822,1517460778][/doublepost]
Some carpet pythons may naturally have black spots on their faces as part of their pattern.

View attachment 323098

yeah thats what I was thinking its just that I reckon, very nice pic btw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back