The best science lesson ever.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome stuff!

When I was in reception I always remembered holding a giant snake at school (an olive). Loved it.

In highschool our biology teacher would bring in his reps and also take them to primary schools.

Wasn't until after I graduated I found a photo of the primary school day and realised it was the same teacher!

Best bloke! Made year 12 biology much more fun!

It was also no secret the rats and mice the year 8s bred to learn genetics were often used for snake food.

P.s, I'm not afraid of the woma in the photo, I'm laughing waiting my turn lol.

View attachment 323103 View attachment 323104

Lucky!!

He would even GIVE reptiles (I believe generally blue tongues) he bred to students who got permission from their parents and showed a keen interest and would help with licensing.

He was a beauty. Not in a creepy way, at all, for the record. Just genuinely happy to continue the hobby.

He would even GIVE reptiles (I believe generally blue tongues) he bred to students who got permission from their parents and showed a keen interest and would help with licensing.

He was a beauty. Not in a creepy way, at all, for the record. Just genuinely happy to continue the hobby.
Aww man why can't I have teachers like that!!

We learnt genetics through sheep and cows zzzzzzzzz

Would have been awesome to do breeding genetics or reptile genetics

We learnt genetics through sheep and cows zzzzzzzzz

Would have been awesome to do breeding genetics or reptile genetics

Oh really?

We had to breed mice and have a hypothesis for what the babies would be like based on the parents and explain why rah rah rah.
You could keep the babies or your pair of you had parental permission.

I believe some older grades bred rats, but I never did. I used to visit and pat them though haha

Country SA education is pretty good it seems, who knew?!

Oh really?

We had to breed mice and have a hypothesis for what the babies would be like based on the parents and explain why rah rah rah.
You could keep the babies or your pair of you had parental permission.

I believe some older grades bred rats, but I never did. I used to visit and pat them though haha

Country SA education is pretty good it seems, who knew?!
We bred mice as well. And I took mine home.

They lasted in their little cage for ages, until we went on holiday and my nan didn’t feed and water them like she’d promised. Poor little things didn’t make it and I returned home to very dead mice. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back