Moving States

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foozil

Reaction score
Hi,

I currently live in NSW, and I'm just curious about if I were to move to, say, Victoria, how would I bring my animals? I was thinking making a new licence down there and then just selling them to myself?

Thanks,

I believe you would need to apply and obtain a Victorian license, then complete import / export permit forms for each animal in your respective states. Once that was done, you could then move them.

The part I found hard and ultimately stopped me from moving all my reptiles down, was that I had to have a permanent address lined up before starting the process. I didn't have this and then space in my car ruled out any chance of bringing them.

Stompsie is correct though you would only need 1 import form into Victoria with all animals listed on it.
How permanent a permanent address is I think is open to interpretation, of course you can't move them into a hotel but any rental would be sufficient.

Thank you Paul.

I'm dying to move to Victoria because you can keep more reptiles on a class 1 licence.

Hi,

I currently live in NSW, and I'm just curious about if I were to move to, say, Victoria, how would I bring my animals? I was thinking making a new licence down there and then just selling them to myself?

Thanks,
I have investigated this issue with view to moving to Qld and all you have to do is obtain the relevant new state licence required for your animals (you need an address) then you get a single NSW export permit and import or movement advice for other state to cover all your animals. You then set up a book or record of your animals as required in the new state.
With Qld it has to be done manually and takes up to 40 days.

Would love not having any ranks but I would hate to live in QLD.
Yeah mate it's full of queerslanders and they go stupid around mid year over state of O .. [emoji6]..

GO BLUES [emoji836][emoji838][emoji836][emoji838][emoji838][emoji836][emoji838][emoji836]

Instagram: murph_BTK

Yeah mate it's full of queerslanders and they go stupid around mid year over state of O .. [emoji6]..

GO BLUES [emoji836][emoji838][emoji836][emoji838][emoji838][emoji836][emoji838][emoji836]

In light of this statement, there will be no more helpful information from me Murph. Hahahaha.

Sorry, no offence intended towards the people there, I'm just not a fan of the heat and humidity. That being said its the same for me in any northern state including NE NSW

Thanks @Yellowtail

Last edited:

go the blues yes all Queenslanders are annoying

Stompsie is correct though you would only need 1 import form into Victoria with all animals listed on it.
How permanent a permanent address is I think is open to interpretation, of course you can't move them into a hotel but any rental would be sufficient.
I was more referring to an export permit with the current NSW License. Not sure if you’d need one though.

I was more referring to an export permit with the current NSW License. Not sure if you’d need one though.

You will need an export permit from NSW and a Victorian licence and an import permit for Vic. You may need to organise an address in Vic and get your Vic licence and import permit first so that you have somewhere to export them to (and someone to export them to, in this case it will be you). I did this from WA into NSW in 2002 (I had reptiles on a Reg 16 licence prior to keeping becoming legal in 2003), and NSW back into WA in 2003, and then back into NSW permanently in 2005, each time notifying in advance the state I was moving to and getting my licence for that state organised before arranging my export permit. It all went pretty smoothly.

Probably best to get the ball rolling by contacting the Victorians first, I wouldn't worry too much about a "permanent" address, just your first address will do, as you are entitled to move whenever you like. Once you've set up the Vic end, you can organise your export permit from NSW. Email is a good way of keeping track of your dealings.

Victoria can (and does) have ferociously hot summers though...

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back