Heads

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks yellow tail, Well I have 12 in total and I don’t find them too bad and there all on thermostat controlled che , my big older boas are on 5+ 6ft vivs but the two year olds are in 3ft vivs eventually there going to have to be in bigger vivs so I guess will cost me more later on

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Thanks yellow tail, Well I have 12 in total and I don’t find them too bad and there all on thermostat controlled che , my big older boas are on 5+ 6ft vivs but the two year olds are in 3ft vivs eventually there going to have to be in bigger vivs so I guess will cost me more later on

Just curious about power costs over there as you have some large snakes, electricity is becoming very expensive here when you have a larger collection and I am now looking at an expensive solar/battery set up as a long term solution.

The markings are really nice on that little python

After stripping little Harley’s viv this morning looking for him out he popped from under the orchid bark, lol
71ca72ed4e3ddf73d3894343af6baa5d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The markings are really nice on that little python

Its the blonde morph. Surprisingly active and inquisitive already. He came with an enclosure from the previous owner and they informed me you gotta keep the glass door wedged/locked shut cause he figured out how to open it!

Would go right up the side of the glass, then using all his weight fall down to shimmy the glass sideways. Would repeat this until an opening appeared. Quite incredible that he figured it out.

Edit: They couldnt tell me its age, its about 65-75cm long. From this i guessed around 18 months? Lemme know what you guys think.

It’s really nice , it’s mad how snakes soon learn which way is out, when my some of my boas are peckish they wait by the sliding doors right against them ,

so how big do they eventually grow, I guess not too big, if there that size at 18months ,the markings remind of our European adder
5116bedad3ab1d837aca72bae35ac188.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maccies grow to 100-140cm from what I could find on them, I kinda just used that to guesstimate its current age, I'm probably totally wrong.

That’s just a really nice size for ease of handling like, more like a colubrid size than a python, I really love the lateral stripe on him

Maccies grow to 100-140cm from what I could find on them, I kinda just used that to guesstimate its current age, I'm probably totally wrong.
From my experience, they almost always grow over a metre at 2 - 3 years of age. Your animal, depending on some other environmental factors, is probably 12 - 15 months old.

Them macs are really nice,it’s so hard to catch the iridescence sometimes,i find it harder on my darker boas to photograph it.normally natural sunlight which is not much in the U.K. even in summer ,lol

Im glad your camera does the snake justice. Unfortunately you can't really see the iridescence in my pictures which is perhaps the most stunning part of a snake.
Pics just taken with the camera on my Samsung Galaxy S8. :)

This girl just starting to shed but she was so interested when I was feeding others I gave her a rat, some snakes just eat anything, any temperature, any time. Usually feed her rabbits so a rat is not going to effect her shedding process.
IMG_0686.jpg
[doublepost=1518522579,1518522511][/doublepost]2 heads are better than 1.
IMG_0681.jpg

There is something almost sinister about the way the eyes have reflected.
Very nice Albino Yellowtail.
Its just that "I've just crushed a rat and I'm now going to swallow it whole look"

Actually I've noticed the sinister look of that one too.
[doublepost=1518560319,1518526180][/doublepost]
Its just that "I've just crushed a rat and I'm now going to swallow it whole look"

Does have a sinister look, maybe he can get work in TV/Movies.
In reality he is a big sook and very good to handle, even a gentle feeder.
IMG_1900 (1).jpg

Last edited:

[doublepost=1518560319,1518526180][/doublepost]
Does have a sinister look, maybe he can get work in TV/Movies.
In reality he is a big sook and very good to handle, even a gentle feeder.
View attachment 323281
It is definitely worth a shot Yellowtail. I would be ringing some casting agents and sending them some 'portfolio' pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back