1yr old Costal Carpet Python won’t eat.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivy rose

Reaction score
My little Costal Cartpet Python hasn’t eaten in 2 weeks, she usually is eager to feed every Sunday but has refused the past two weeks. I originally though she might of been shedding but hasn’t? I’m a little worried any advice would be appreciated.

Don’t worry untill a month or 2 no feeds! What are you feeding it?

Don’t bother trying to feed every week as this will possibly waste food.

Tips,

Place the food in a zip baggy and put in WARM water for about 10minutes then try feed.

Squeeze the nose a little bit so blood comes out, this will increase the smell.

Try leaving it on top of the hide or somewhere in enclosure overnight :)

Don’t worry untill a month or 2 no feeds! What are you feeding it?

Don’t bother trying to feed every week as this will possibly waste food.

Tips,

Place the food in a zip baggy and put in WARM water for about 10minutes then try feed.

Squeeze the nose a little bit so blood comes out, this will increase the smell.

Try leaving it on top of the hide or somewhere in enclosure overnight :)
I’m feeding her 1 fuzzie, and thank you I will be trying this!

How can you judge it to be small when there is no mention of the age or size of the snake?

Sorry I just saw the age in the title.
The size is definitely what we need to determine food size though.

@ivy rose What size is your snake?
[doublepost=1518765795,1518765656][/doublepost]She’s quite small, it won’t let me post a photo but I asked the breeder and she said that fuzzies are good for her size. I have another question I just bought her aspen snake bedding am I able to put her heat mat under the bedding?

[doublepost=1518765795,1518765656][/doublepost]She’s quite small, it won’t let me post a photo but I asked the breeder and she said that fuzzies are good for her size. I have another question I just bought her aspen snake bedding am I able to put her heat mat under the bedding?
No you can't put heatmats inside enclosures. They are designed to go underneath glass enclosures only.
Putting them anywhere else creates a very serious fire risk.
If you want something for inside your enclosure you need to get either a heatcord and sandwich it between two tiles or setup a light fitting with a suitable sized bulb.
Please take this advice very seriously, you are putting yourself and anyone else in your home in grave danger if you don't.

No you can't put heatmats inside enclosures. They are designed to go underneath glass enclosures only.
Putting them anywhere else creates a very serious fire risk.
If you want something for inside your enclosure you need to get either a heatcord and sandwich it between two tiles or setup a light fitting with a suitable sized bulb.
Please take this advice very seriously, you are putting yourself and anyone else in your home in grave danger if you don't.
OKay thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back