Man fined $10,000 for killing 'iconic' croc

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm by no means all for what he did, its terrible, but what else could he have done? just put up with it I guess...

I would like to clarify the bell end version THIS guy is..not the legendary band TOOL [emoji869]

Instagram: murph_BTK
I hesitated because tools are useful and this guy ain’t that.
[doublepost=1518767505,1518767445][/doublepost]
I'm by no means all for what he did, its terrible, but what else could he have done? just put up with it I guess...
didnt the article state that he could have gone through the authorised channels?

And he said he was aware of them. He’s a tool.

Ring the Department of Environment and Heritage Protection and they would of organised for it to be trapped and moved to another area.
[doublepost=1518767670,1518767512][/doublepost]Also for it to come back to the bank and sit after being shot, means it died a slow and possibly agonising death.

That just makes it even more frustrating :(

It doesnt make it right no matter how much money was saved!
There are processes in place that deal with these type of situations. Hopefully he has lost his gun license as well as the gun they took.
Yeah processes take time and time is $$. He took the CHEAPEST option whether you agree with it or not. Also he will not lose his weapons licence for that, didn't even have a conviction recorded.

People on the land do this sort of thing daily, mainly snakes though.

He hadn't seen the croc take any cattle, "he believed it had been".
Also he wasn't even the owner of the cattle, he was a stationhand. I hope he doesn't get support from the station owner and has to pay the $10,000 out of his own pocket.

Would you feel the same @Aussiepride83 if this was a turtle taking fish from a fish farm and someone took it upon themselves to kill it instead of going through the proper channels?

He hadn't even seen the croc take any cattle, "he believed it had been".
Also he wasn't even the owner of the cattle, he was a stationhand. I hope he doesn't get support from the station owner and has to pay the $10,000 out of his own pocket.

Would you feel the same Kev if this was a turtle taking fish from a fish farm and someone took it upon themselves to kill it instead of going through the proper channels?
I know of this that's happened in yabby breeding dams. Turtles shot with a .22 rifle. Your opinion is just that, your opinion. Not everyone in the world is an earth muffin, producers shoot wildlife to protect their interests. Fact of life. He did what he did, life goes on.

Doesn't matter what you think or think I think or what I think.. it's easy to sit back and criticise someone else's actions and have a "in hindsight" approach. It's done.... a croc dies today, meanwhile another 50,000 hatched in croc farms and another 50,000 hatched in the wild. The bloke was looking after his bread and butter and no jury will convict someone for that. Simple. Life goes on. Relax.

I know of this that's happened in yabby breeding dams. Turtles shot with a .22 rifle. Your opinion is just that, your opinion. Not everyone in the world is an earth muffin, producers shoot wildlife to protect their interests. Fact of life. He did what he did, life goes on.
Not the crocs life.

If only we humans didn’t hold our lives (or that of our livestock) so highly above these creatures that have been here longer than we have.

Doesn't matter what you think or think I think or what I think.. it's easy to sit back and criticise someone else's actions and have a "in hindsight" approach. It's done.... a croc dies today, meanwhile another 50,000 hatched in croc farms and another 50,000 hatched in the wild. The bloke was looking after his bread and butter and no jury will convict someone for that. Simple. Life goes on. Relax.
It wasn't his bread and butter, he is/was a stationhand.

How many of those 100,000 will reach 100 years old, none from the croc farms will and maybe 5% of the wild ones at best.

He WAS convicted, there wasn't a conviction recorded is all.
If he isn't going to lose his gun license why did they take the weapons involved?

Wasn't his bread and butter... yet he's a stationhand for the producer who was losing out... makes a lot of sense... So it WAS ultimately his liveihood.
Even though there is no evidence that this croc killed any livestock?

Same logic could be applied to the extinction of tassie tigers to a lesser extent. Doesn't make it any less excusable.
Not at all, crocs are not endangered or extinct. They should be regulated in the same way roos are, although both should have less red tape. As mentioned the fine will not go close to the losses a big crocs can cause. If you are interested in learning about the situation I would suggest reading some of Grahame Webb's work. He is a conservationist of higher calibre than any popular phony celebrity conservationist.

Not at all, crocs are not endangered or extinct. They should be regulated in the same way roos are, although both should have less red tape. As mentioned the fine will not go close to the losses a big crocs can cause. If you are interested in learning about the situation I would suggest reading some of Grahame Webb's work. He is a conservationist of higher calibre than any popular phony celebrity conservationist.
Half the crocs in the Proserpine river should be culled outright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back