Introducing Jörmungandr

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank Christ intestinal worms don't get that big... Imagine 3 or 4 of those inside you... DAYUM!
They do get that big actually. There have been unconfirmed reports of 100ft long tape worms. A museum in Tokyo Japan has an 8.8m preserved specimen. Usually they are removed through the mouth or nose with a doctor pulling gently so it doesn't segment and leave some in the body to grow again.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/curious-fact-of-the-week-longest-tapeworm

Last edited:
They do get that big actually. There have been unconfirmed reports of 100ft long tape worms. A museum in Tokyo Japan has an 8.8m preserved specimen. Usually they are removed through the mouth or nose with a doctor pulling gently so it doesn't segment and leave some in the body to grow again.
Wowza. Well at least they don't get that thick (I don't think)

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/curious-fact-of-the-week-longest-tapeworm
I was more referring to the diameter/width. It's common knowledge intestinal worms can be ridiculously long but they don't have the girth of those earthworms.

I love the little stripe behind his eye, makes him look a bit like a bluey!

Sweet! An absolutely gorgeous little critter. Congratulations Kirk on the new acquisition and I am really happy for you that the waiting is over. You obviously are already getting a real buzz out of spotting him sticking his head out. And why not? He is super cute.

Living in Perth I’ve had the opportunity to see quite a number of these guys via people I associate with that keep and breed them. Irrespective of their basic colour or intensity of patterning, there definitely is something uniquely special about these little critter. They almost seem like an unreal, designer-made miniature of their much bigger cousins.

Enjoy!

Sweet! An absolutely gorgeous little critter. Congratulations Kirk on the new acquisition and I am really happy for you that the waiting is over. You obviously are already getting a real buzz out of spotting him sticking his head out. And why not? He is super cute.

Living in Perth I’ve had the opportunity to see quite a number of these guys via people I associate with that keep and breed them. Irrespective of their basic colour or intensity of patterning, there definitely is something uniquely special about these little critter. They almost seem like an unreal, designer-made miniature of their much bigger cousins.

Enjoy!
I love spotting him out and about, last night he was climbing all over the branch and vine waterfall in his enclosure. I was able to sit very still on my bed and watch him for about 20 minutes. He seems to be very active and getting used to his new home quickly.

I absolutely adore the small stripes on the side and across the top of his head, I had the opportunity to pick out of 3 individuals and his pattern just spoke to me.

Sometimes you just know, don't you.
When we went to get our first Murray Darling python, the one we picked was happy climbing over my hands. The breeder couldn't believe how relaxed this one was with us. He still is to this day.

Sometimes you just know, don't you.
When we went to get our first Murray Darling python, the one we picked was happy climbing over my hands. The breeder couldn't believe how relaxed this one was with us. He still is to this day.
Aww thats sounds amazing. I'm still waiting to handle my little guy, got him on Sunday and he is due a feed on Thursday so will wait until Sunday of this week to attempt handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back