Preventing Stuck Sheds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that George.
Do we know/understand why this helps specifically? Is it a specific chemical in this particular tea or would say green tea do the same thing?

I was advised by a very well known vet to use Sorbolene many years ago which is my go to.
Being a petrochemical I would stay well away from Sorbolene. You can get vegetable based prodcts that are the same but have no petrochemicals, Vegesorb is one brand available.

I'd have to agree with Rob there. Whilst a lot newer to the snake scene than PP, I've heard the chamomile tea thing in several circles and common sense would dictate not to use Sorbolene or the likes thereof anywhere near snakes etc. My daughter's inherited their mother's sensitive skin and Sorbolene burns their skin to the point where they're crying. Found that out when they were babies and looking for an inexpensive lotion to keep them all slicked up as you do with little ones.

Def wouldn't be rubbing that on a snake ever.

Being a petrochemical I would stay well away from Sorbolene

Mate I wouldn't have touched it myself but it was suggested to me by Shane S for a real problem shedder that we had some years ago. It certainly helped in that instance though its not something I throw at every animal we have if there's any kind of problem but whenever I have turned to it, it's delivered the goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back