The Original Danger Noodle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
all my reptiles have names,sure some of them don't have ears and wont come when called;But it's my way of knowing which creature is which and my son knows who I am talking about.With multiple creatures from multiple genus how else would you differentiate?
I suppose if you only have 30 BHP's for instance you could just say cage #12
This is a good point! Although in my case I just refer to them by species and gender.

I never liked the term "snek". It makes my inner Grammar Nazi cringe.
I don't like it either it shows the lack of education that some people have....but my son showed me a facebook post once that some poor cretin had some "sneks that et dort an lerves".I think that means he thinks snakes eat dirt and leaves. but who knows what stupid Americans think.It made me laugh so much that I named my pygmy banded pythons "Dort & Lerves". These were my first pythons after many years of only keeping dragons
[doublepost=1519441728,1519441495][/doublepost]
This is a good point! Although in my case I just refer to them by species and gender.
even then that wouldn't work in my house,we have multiple central beardies,multiple pygmy beardies,multiple central netted dragons,multiple types of blueys,multiple spotted pythons along with all the singular creatures

even then that wouldn't work in my house,we have multiple central beardies,multiple pygmy beardies,multiple central netted dragons,multiple types of blueys,multiple spotted pythons along with all the singular creatures
|
Fair enough

Sounds like a great idea except we currently have 30 something Female BHP's.
Yeah I can understand for someone like you it would be hard haha. But for me with not many snakes its fine.

All this talk about ‘danger noodle’ and ‘snek’ only being used by people of a lower intelligence or by immature people is making most of you sound like a bunch of pompous buggers. It’s not supposed to be grammatically correct, nor serious. Geez you guys, have a bit of fun once in a while.

Where’s your sense of humour?

All this talk about ‘danger noodle’ and ‘snek’ only being used by people of a lower intelligence or by immature people is making most of you sound like a bunch of pompous buggers. It’s not supposed to be grammatically correct, nor serious. Geez you guys, have a bit of fun once in a while.

Agreed. I love saying it to friends. Doesn't mean I neglect my animals or am less educated about them.

I am a bit old school when it comes to speech and feel that the way people speak and write speaks volumes about their character. I wasn't saying people were immature but that it "shows an element of immaturity", there is a vast difference.

I often think about whether people a few hundred years from now will look back and ask the question, 'what were these people thinking and what that hell were they saying'. I couldn't imagine reading something now that was written a couple of hundred years ago and not being able to understand what they were on about because of incorrect English being used. But that is just me and as I said "each to their own".

Last edited:
I am a bit old school when it comes to speech and feel that the way people speak and write speaks volumes about their character. I wasn't saying people were immature but that it "shows a level of immaturity", there is a vast difference.

I often think about whether people a few hundred years from now will look back and ask the question, 'what were these people thinking and what that hell were they saying'. I couldn't imagine reading something now that was written a couple of hundred years ago and not being able to understand what they were on about because of in correct English being used. But that is just me and as I said "each to their own".
Well me and my friends say it because we find it funny (others probably don't), and only use it in times we see fit. It isn't used entirely instead of the actual word "snake", just sometimes. And its all just in good fun.

I am a bit old school when it comes to speech and feel that the way people speak and write speaks volumes about their character. I wasn't saying people were immature but that it "shows a level of immaturity", there is a vast difference.

I often think about whether people a few hundred years from now will look back and ask the question, 'what were these people thinking and what that hell were they saying'. I couldn't imagine reading something now that was written a couple of hundred years ago and not being able to understand what they were on about because of in correct English being used. But that is just me and as I said "each to their own".
It’s ok to be a little immature sometimes... it really is all in good fun. And it’s still a thousand times better than the language used by a vast majority of Australians these days.

It’s ok to be a little immature sometimes... it really is all in good fun. And it’s still a thousand times better than the language used by a vast majority of Australians these days.
Definitely, most people have a level of immaturity with something in their lives, mine is just not with 'memes' and incorrect use of English. I really don't like internet speech like 'lol' etc. Most people will argue that it needs to be used because there is no expression and tone in the written word so it needs to be there. This is a poor excuse for not being taught (educated on) the written word properly. Books would not exist if the written word wasn't able to be understood. For hundreds of years people have been able to understand the emotion in books. What has changed? Education.

Definitely, most people have a level of immaturity with something in their lives, mine is just not with 'memes' and incorrect use of English. I really don't like internet speech like 'lol' etc. Most people will argue that it needs to be used because there is no expression and tone in the written word so it needs to be there. This is a poor excuse for not being taught (educated on) the written word properly. Books would not exist if the written word wasn't able to be understood. For hundreds of years people have been able to understand the emotion in books. What has changed? Education.
Sorry, but I disagree. Its our culture that has changed. Computers, being more lazy... I have to admit I am guilty of using 'internet slang' but its because of all the other people using it. Notice how more young people use it? Its just what we grow up with. Nothing to do with education, in my opinion, only our culture.

I tend to agree with Scutellatus ,I am old school but when I went to school 300 years ago grammar and spelling were the first things we were taught,so it irks me when people are too lazy to use proper language,sure we all take shortcuts but there is no excuse for bad language/grammar/spelling.One of my pet hates is idiots who say yeahno,,FFS what do you mean?YES or NO? it can't be both you F,;k,N?
moron

One of my pet hates is idiots who say yeahno,,FFS what do you mean?YES or NO? it can't be both

After my own heart. Has to be one of the dumbest sentences ever.

Not sure what happened to the thread, it was meant to be about an amazing animals ability to use its environment to give it an added advantage and ends up as an English lesson.

Not sure what happened to the thread, it was meant to be about an amazing animals ability to use its environment to give it an added advantage and ends up as an English lesson.
I did contribute to it but this seems to happen to all threads :/

like I said i was old school,really really really old school:)
Lol Yeah, like Rob's dictionary... thing looked like it could have been signed by Jesus himself. :D Looked older than my November 1859 leather bound edition of Charles Darwin's Origin Of Species.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back