Hi from a snake newbie!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ptarmigan

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I'm a bit of a reptile newbie. I owned a trio of velvet geckos for many years, but haven't had anything since. I'm now planning to fulfill a long time dream of getting a snake. I'm hoping to get an antaresia python in a few weeks.

I'm glad there's such a great community for us newbies to learn from :)

Hello :)

Any reason to antaresia? I think they’re awesome but seem to be the go to for newbies, and just curious why? Is it size? Not trusty for the larger fellas? Or just personal preference

Hope u enjoy the forums

Any reason to antaresia? I think they’re awesome but seem to be the go to for newbies, and just curious why? Is it size? Not trusty for the larger fellas? Or just personal preference
Can't speak for the OP but I think they seem to be go to snake for newbies because of their manageable size and unlikelihood to bite. They are probably the most recommended snakes for newbies in my experience.

I personally just prefer ants over any large python, the larger ones just don't do anything for me with GTP's being the only exception. I just find all the larger species uninteresting and boring to look at.

Hello :)

Hope u enjoy the forums

I do love carpet pythons, and a BHP is 100% on my bucket list, but having a look at the room I have available and the fact this will be my first snake, I think I will be better able to meet the needs of/be more comfortable with a smaller fellow. Plus they come highly recommended as snakes for beginners (and they look lovely too!)
[doublepost=1519557547,1519557320][/doublepost]
I personally just prefer ants over any large python, the larger ones just don't do anything for me with GTP's being the only exception. I just find all the larger species uninteresting and boring to look at.

What's your favourite ant species/morph?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back