Asian House Gecko as Spider Food?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tigahawk

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Am almost there with getting my Northern Spiny-Tailed Gecko's and my Invert hobby has gone from house spider to Huntsman.

Knowing that the Asian House Gecko is an invasive pest, and that i will have a big fat huntsman when fully grown - the totally terrible idea of helping out the native gecko's that live around our house (that are super duper skittish, i cant get close but they are exclusively out during the day, they like my fly trap for the food it attracts and are definitely not out at night... here's a ****ty pic that's as close as i can get - https://i.imgur.com/EqGzbSg.png )

So i could give Frank the Tank a decent meal and help the native geckos by cutting down the pest population giving them more territory and food.

I noticed this thread: https://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/threads/asian-house-geckos-in-captivity.144353/ where someone had a picture of feeding their pygopod one of said geckos. But further up in the same thread was listed all he the parasites the asian house gecko may contain.

Does anyone know if said parasites transfer over to the Huntsman? Or would this be safe to do?

thanks heaps!

Should be fine, it would be unlikely to carry anything harmful to spiders. I have never seen a huntsman eating a gecko, do you have one of the really big types of huntsman?

EDIT check post below, I think it is a bad idea.

Last edited:
Should be fine, it would be unlikely to carry anything harmful to spiders. I have never seen a huntsman eating a gecko, do you have one of the really big types of huntsman?
SpiderMeme.jpg

Any of my bird eating spiders would smash a gecko... I just wouldn't ever do it though.

Any of my bird eating spiders would smash a gecko... I just wouldn't ever do it though.

Actually I thought of a very good reason not to do it, geckos are likely to be eat poisoned invertebrates which will be a big problem for a spider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back